1,349 results
All reviewsrooftop barold towntrain stationfree valet parkingfifth floorparking servicesuperior roomnice viewbreakfast roomthe hotel stafffront desk staffthe hotel offersdecent breakfastexcellent locationpark your carrooms are cleancomfortable bed
Reviewed 24 March 2017

This is a highly desirable hotel. It is very clean, has comfortable beds, a great breakfast (included in the rate,) and is proximal to all the historical attractions of Coimbra. It is very close to the train station, buses, the river, shopping and restaurants. The rooftop terrace affords spectacular views up the hill to the University, and is complete with comfy lounge chairs and blankets for chilly evenings. The staff at this hotel were friendly and very helpful. Special thanks to José, Lurdes, and Homero for their extra effort to make our stay an outstanding one.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 30 March 2017

We were happy to read your review! Thank you for your kind words. We will be glad to have you again as our guest.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

The hotel is close to the station and the old town.The staff overall were very pleasant, the room was nicely appointed, the bed comfortable and the breakfast good. The downfall is the size of the bathroom, maybe the smallest we have ever had and a shower with difficult doors. The rooftop area is lovely and the breakfast room(bar at night.)
We had some loud noise outside one night I mentioned it and was told it was a City! so were all the other places we stayed in Portugal!. (we had requested a quiet room)
Overall good

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the main street
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 30 March 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in Hotel Oslo Coimbra. Hope we will have the chance to welcome you again

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located a short walk from the train station, bus station and tourist attractions. The rooms are very clean with comfortable beds. The hotel offers a fabulous breakfast with an extensive menu of breads, pastries, fruit, meats and cheeses, cereals, yogurt and a variety of beverages. Breakfast is available from 7:30 to 10:39. The area converts to a bar in the afternoon. The upper deck offers a great vista of Coimbra There are tables and chairs where you can relax with a bottle of wine. Blankets are provided for cooler evenings on the terrace There is a store within a five minute walk where you can purchase food, alcohol and a variety of other items. The hotel employees are friendly and helpful and communicate clearly in English. José, Lurdes and Homero, are all very knowledgeable about the area and provided suggestions and information about things to do in and around Coimbra.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 30 March 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for your review! Our team appreciates your comments. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

When we left the train station I thought the area was very seedy and thought a hotel in this area might be too. We were pleasantly surprised at the hotel as it was a lot nicer than I expected for the price. The desk was busy on our arrival as it was check out time. The staff member apologised for our wait and allowed us to check in straight away, I feel this is always a great bonus to be able to drop your bags off and start walking! The staff member was really nice, great sense of humour and gave us some great tips on the local area. The room had no view but a little balcony, it was clean and well appointed, we really enjoyed our stay at the Oslo.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 March 2017

The positives first- and there were lots of them. The location of this hotel is perfect- right around the corner from the central train station, which itself is right in the centre of town by the river.

We really like the small but perfectly formed rooftop area. Our room was small but had everything we needed- we particularly liked that the TV had lots of English channels.

The breakfast buffet was plentiful and tasty- I got to have bacon (which I miss, living in Portugal) and there were some lovely local delicacies too.

So, why the two stars off? Basically I feel that we enjoyed this hotel in spite of rather than because of the staff. When we first arrived I didn't have the right ID to check in- this wasn't mentioned either by the (major) booking site I booked with or by the hotel before my arrival. I found the attitude of the staff member at the desk really unhelpful. First, she asked us to wait while she took her time explaining to some other guests about a town tour. I got no impression that she tried to speed things up so as to get to us more quickly (we had had a long journey getting to the hotel and I had actually bumped my head getting off the train so I was looking forward to getting to the room and having a rest). There was another member of staff free but he didn't speak English so we had to wait. Then, when the lady finally got to us she spent a long time telling me the reasons they needed the ID (which was a complete waste of time, as I didn't have it!). Finally my wife found something acceptable, but the way they made me feel didn't make me think they valued us as guests.

Next, the lady at the desk made suggestions about going to Fado- which we weren't interested in as I prefer the Lisbon version- but she didn't pick up on this at all, I think she was keen to gain some commission from the venue.

None of the requests I had submitted before coming were acknowledged (apart from one which I made sure I pointed out). For example, we had requested bikes which you need to ask for before- this was never mentioned to us. Also I had mentioned that it was my wife's birthday during our stay so I would appreciate anything that made her feel special. Just a simple 'Happy Birthday' at breakfast would have done, but they did nothing at all.

When we checked out, the person at the desk looked like he was really tired and seemed quite grumpy (not with us, but in general).

I feel a little staff training in dealing with guests would go a long way here. This could be a perfect hotel otherwise.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple