See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We stayed for three nights in June and absolutely loved it. Maria was so kind to us and found me an arm sling for my recently fractured wrist (done on a very wet lavada walk in Faial) until I was able to buy one in Angra.

The bedrooms are gorgeous and there were plenty of elegant sitting rooms with very comfortable arm chairs and sofas.

We chose to eat our evening meal at the Quinta as it was easier for me and we were not disappointed as the food was both homely and delicious, as were the breakfasts.

The grounds are lovely with a very quiet pool and tennis courts and although the quinta is a 30 minute walk from Angra, we did not find this a problem.

Thank-you Maria for a wonderful stay and we hope to revisit one day.

John and Veronica

2  Thank Veronica F
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Rooms located in a very old house. Multiple living rooms with a great view over the bay. Gaming room, swimming pool and large garden. Rooms and inside of the house is very clean and well decorated. Outside/facade can use some renovation work.
Breakfast is great. In case something is missing from the buffet, don't hesitate to ask the waiting staff. They are extremely accomodating and helpful.
Owner is an elder lady who comes across rather bossy. This might however be an impression due to the language difference.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bebelle c
Reviewed 15 June 2017

This is a beautiful manor house, lovely gardens, wonderful view, lots of amenities. Lovely room. I left early so didn't have time for breakfast, but owner ensured I had coffee and yogurt. But, it's somewhat isolated, so best if you have a car.

Room tip: Understand there are some family quarters
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ada B
Reviewed 11 October 2016

What a beautiful, wonderful place to stay.
Lovely big rooms, really comfortable beds, quiet hotel.
Excellent cooked to order breakfast.
Lovely pool and grounds, great ocean views.
The owner was so helpful and kind.
We were privilaged to stay here for 6 nights, and
would recommend you stay here.

Room tip: All rooms are good.
Date of stay: October 2016
2  Thank dec0rs
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Nice hotel, not so far from San Mateus, a typical fishing village. The owner and her daughter are very nice, available for advice and for a small chat.
Breakfast is delicious. I didn't use the facilities like the gym or the swimming pool; but I think they are simply great.
I really recommend it

Room tip: We have been in the suite with a nice private garden. It's an excellent choice!
Date of stay: September 2016