Book In Advance
Tours from Fun Activities Adventure tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$68.21
from US$63.58
from US$69.36
More Info
All reviews half day canyoning these guys sao miguel fitness levels skill level i can't say enough about how explained everything waterproof camera comfort zone whole family fear of heights da ribeira mountain biking beautiful nature amazing experience hot springs paulo
Reviewed 1 May 2018

These guys really know the island, and inspire everyone to get out of their comfort zone. I enjoyed a day of canyoning, and two days of hiking with them. It was a time well spent that I will never forget.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Fun Activities Adventure is a great choice not just for canyoning, but for more modest adventures, such as hiking, too. Our group of 10, all fit and active women over 55, booked 4 days of hiking with them for our 1-week stay on Sao Miguel. Paulo and Joao or Bruno picked us up in vans and took us to a new location each day, so we didn't have take the time to research and choose trails for ourselves--and each trail was spectacular. We stopped at midday each day for a picnic lunch provided by the company (and yes, veggie and vegan options are available). The hikes were challenging, but the guys went above and beyond to make sure that we not only had a great time, but stayed safe. They helped us up steep or slippery rocks when needed, and kept careful count of the group; one guide always seemed to be positioned as "sweep" to make sure that any stragglers (that would be me) were OK. I think some of us occasionally felt a bit hovered over, but I would much rather that than the alternative, especially in an environment that was new to me. Their driving was impeccable--I never felt a moment of worry, even on some rather hairy mountain roads. All of the guides were warm and friendly, and we so enjoyed talking with them about life on Sao Miguel. Highly recommended!
(I would advise wearing layers for hikes here; the temperature changes with elevation and between coast and valley sides of the mountains.)

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Paulo and Claudio helped us with our first canyoning experience. My father and I enjoyed our day in the (very) cold water and had fun with the guides!
You get a wetsuit, helmet, socks and shoes to wear and a belt with tools for the canyoning.
I would absolutely recommend to book with them when interested in canyoning.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Canyoning was extremely interesting experience
Guys were so helpful
It’s a very good alternative here in Azores!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

The half day canyon adventure was amazing to say the least. The guides were extremely professional but also very joking to keep everyone laughing and having light hearted time. The guides were thorough in their instructions and very patient and encouraging when people were nervous to attempt something. Thanks for one of our most memorable experiences on any vacation!!

Date of experience: March 2018