All reviews tonel beach rooms are spacious these apartments walking distance great location beaches reception
Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

These apartments are clean and roomy and a short walk to restaurants and bars and beaches. They did laundry for us too at a reasonable price. They are located just on the edge of town near the magnificent fort and we enjoyed exploring from there and being in a quiet area.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CarlosNascimento, Gerente at Tonel Apartaments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2016

Dear costumer,

Thanks for your comment.
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay here at our apartments and all sights of this town.

Let us inform that we are ending our outdoor pool with a big garden area to for you to enjoy our sun, and we are making more arrangements in common areas (with more garden space) to improve your satisfaction. All modifications would be ended at May.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

I spend a lot of time in Portugal, especially in the Western Algarve. Sagres itself it a bit of an end of the road town but it does have two stunning beaches and the surfs good. It is a good base to explore bot the South and West Coasts both of which are beautiful, especially the National Park.

I have stayed at Tonel Apartamentos Turisticos over a dozen times. It is where I stay if I haven't got the family with me, simply because there aren't any facilities for children. I did note however on my last trip that they are digging a pool out!

The apartments are tucked away in a quiet location at the edge West edge of town just off the road to Cape St. Vincent. Tonel beach is just a short walk away - ideal for an early morning surf check. There is plenty of parking.

The rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped. The decor is a little bit old fashioned but again, on my last trip the bathrooms had all been re-decorated to a high standard. All the rooms I have stayed in have large balconies with sea and countryside views. There is free WI-FI and if you are so inclined a TV. The kitchen is great and there are enough utensils to cook a large meal. The smaller rooms have a nice sheltered and sunny area with sun loungers to relax.

If the waves are good you can surf out front all day. Otherwise it's just a short drive to any of the South or Western facing beaches. There are endless opportunities.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. I am looking forward to my next trip!

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank eastcoastsurfuk
CarlosNascimento, Gerente at Tonel Apartaments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2016

Dear costumer, thank you for your comment.

Reviewed 10 February 2015

The loaction of this hotel is fantastic so close to the beach. The rooms are very spacious with nice big balcony, plenty of cooking utensils and very clean & plenty of on site parking. Only downside is there is no pool other than that it was perfect.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear costumer, thank you for your comment.

Reviewed 1 December 2014

I shared one double room with a friend in this place and everything went almost fine. We went in low season (November) and the price through booking was great: 20€ per room, with bathroom inside. Very simple room, not old, not new, but clean. The only problem was that there were workers repairing our room's facade and the noise was unbearable. Once we spoke to the recepcionist, they stop working in that facade.

It isn't a wonderfut place, but taking into account the price we paid, the quality-price ratio was great.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Aitor Xabier L
Reviewed 15 October 2014

Perfect location for those looking for a quiet stay, close to the local attractions - Sagres Fortress, Beliche beach and Cabo Sao Vicente (a car or a bike will be a good idea for the beach and the cape, the fortress is within walking distance). Short walk to the nearest shop and pizzeria.

Our 2 bedroom apartment on the upper floor was good, quite spacious and well equipped. Not many channels on TV, but that's something that bothered only my teenage daughter. Nice, friendly staff, no problems at all. Pleasant place I will recommend to my friends.

Room tip: Take upper floor for a bit of a sea/cliff view.
Date of stay: October 2014