All reviews vila foia cork oaks nice breakfast made to order eggs perfect stay peace and quiet nice pool swimming pool stayed here for nights enjoyed our stay retreat luar algarve balcony da guesthouse studio
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely guest house with cracking views from the balcony. Rooms spacious with large comfy bed. Communal areas good for relaxing and the pool area was lovely. Pool towels are provided. The breakfast buffet served on the terrace was good with lovely fresh smoothie available.
The location is idyllic and peaceful but a car is pretty much essential with only one restaurant walkable from the property about a mile away on undulating roads. Fabulous place to eat though!
Recommended

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 22 September 2018

The very best thing about Vila Foia are their unadvertised butterflies. Just sitting in their grounds you will see the most beautiful butterfly species such as the Swallowtail - which are now very rare in Western Europe. But for those merely interested in hotels: they go the extra mile, are clean, tidy, and have a lovely pool and grounds. The gardens are green all summer long. The view from all the rooms is brilliant but best from those where you can look into the canopy of the cork trees where you will see so much of nature. But wait until darkness for the best view of the Algarve ...

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2018

An interesting road climbing up the Mountain takes you through forests of cork oaks from Aljezur to Monchique. Arrive before it gets dark because the last part has many curves and it is not so easy to find the destination without navigation system. The stay was fantastic and you can amassing see the lights far away at see in the evening sparkling very beautiful.

Room tip: Bring your drinks for the evening on the balcony under the stars!
Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I wasn't good driver so it was a little bit hard to get there for me because it's located in the middle of mountain and the road was curvy and narrow.However, after getting there, I was so happy with seeing wonderful views, the sun and pool.I walked to a restaurant, I could see lemon trees and goats.I had some special experience which is unusual.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018

We stayed here for 4 nights in room 5. On the first morning the bathroom seemed over run with ants, this was kindly dealt with, however not totally irradiated. I also managed to get really bad bites, which are now blistered. When I returned home and opened my suitcase it was covered in ants...I was horrified I have never experienced something like this before..sadly this has put me off returning. The hotel is in a beautiful location, Lila’s smoothies are wonderful as is the breakfast...but the ants have put a dampener on my holiday

Date of stay: August 2018