US$249
US$192
US$186
US$181
  • Pool
All reviewsyogurtold townbread rollschorizofree public parkingbasic roomfresh towels every daycleaned every dayreception areahotel is situatedsmall balconyminute walknearest beachstar hotelbeacheshairdryerspar
Reviewed 25 July 2017

First of all, the hotel is situated in a really good area, 10 min walk to the city center and 20 min walk to the bus station and marina.
The rooms are pretty small. We booked a room for 3 and we got a double room with an extra bed. Therefore, it was little space to move around and it was really difficult to acces the balcony. At first, we were given a room at the roundabout, but it was too sunny and too noisy, so we asked the receptionist for another room. We got one with view at the garden. It was more cozy and quiet than the first one. Even though it was not that sunny in the second room, the laundry dried quickly.
The breakfast is included in the price. It is pretty basic, as you are served the same food every day, but there is a wide range of food.
The furniture is quite old. The staff was friendly in general and the rooms were always clean. The wifi is free only at the reception, if you want to have acces in the room you have to pay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ioana A
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We have just returned from spending a month at the Montemar. Our room was spotlessly clean with fresh towels every day. Breakfast was plentiful with fresh rolls, cereals, yoghurts and a toaster. Best of all was the friendly staff who went out of their way to help with any request. This is an excellent hotel at a budget price

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lutonpenguin
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The only way to describe this hotel is basic...

We stayed here due to the low price and it's good location to the old town and the beach, however the location is the only thing that this hotel has going for it.

There were 3 of us sleeping in a room, that could (and should) only accommodate 2 people. As the only boy in the room sharing with 2 girls, I had to be the gentleman and sleep on the spare bed, which can only be described a prison bed. It was a metal creaky contraption, which sunk in the middle and made so much noise that I constantly disturbed the other 2 people in my room trying to sleep. 3 nights was more than enough... it was 3 of the most uncomfortable sleeps that I've ever had.

Because of the addition of the spare bed, there was virtually no floor space and the cupboards didn't open, without moving the bed out of way. This meant that we basically lived out of a suitcase whilst we were there. Also weirdly the bedside tables were screwed down to the floor, which meant that we were unable to re-order our room to allow for more space.

Plug sockets were badly placed and I ended up having to charge my phone in the bathroom of all places!

The rooms were cleanly to a degree, but sadly I had to share my sleeping quarters with a colony of ants, which wasn't entirely pleasant. Bathroom was a bit grim and could definitely do with a lick of paint.

Breakfast was a small and basic continental offering, but did the trick.

Hotel staff were friendly-ish.

In summary, if I was to ever visit Lagos again, I don't think I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2017

What makes this hotel is the wonderfully friendly staff and its location, which is both close to the Old Town and the picturesque beaches of Praia Dona Ana and Praia do Camilo as well as others.
Our room was quite tired but we had read reviews before hand and for the price we paid it was not a problem for us, although this might be an issue for others who are less resilient than us or are expecting any luxuries. On the other hand the air conditioned room with small balcony was cleaned on a daily basis and fresh towels were also provided.
Breakfast was basic but sufficient - cereal, jams, choice of bread rolls, croissants, cheese, ham, chorizo and yogurt.
There is a mini mart about a minutes walk from the hotel and there are at least half a dozen restaurants/cafe's within the vicinity including a pizzeria, Indian and Chinese.
It took me around 5 minutes walk to reach the Old Town and 15 minutes to the nearest beach.
I would definitely consider staying here again for the same price.

Room Tip: Rooms on corner by the roundabout get a lot of sun, great for drying out clothes
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I was a bit apprehensive when I booked to stay in early May as it was so reasonable.
Nothing to worry about, a simple Pension style hotel, clean and just out of the Town center (about a 15 minute walk).
The staff were friendly & helpful. Free Wifi, continental style breakfast included!
Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo