See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Casa das Laranjeiras. It is conveniently located with the only flat that the signage was minimal and we had a lot of difficulty finding it.

The bathrooms and rooms were very clean and comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans, plates and utensils and we let very welcome to use it.

Julia was very friendly and helpful and made our stay all the much better.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2017

This charming home is nestled right in the heart of downtown Lagos, just a couple blocks away from the plaza called Praca De Gil Eanes. The streets in downtown Lagos are windy and crooked so it was a little difficult for me to find the place at first. However, I seem to have this problem in any old European town for some reason.

Once I finally found it, I realized how centrally located it is to everything. It literally is in the heart of downtown where bars/restaurants/shops are abundant. I rang the doorbell and headed up the stairs to be greeted by Julia and her neice in a warm, bright, and cozy kitchen. They were cooking up a storm for Julia's sister's birthday party for the evening and the house smelled delicious! There is nothing more welcoming to walking into a aromatic kitchen with pigs in a blanket in the oven!

Next, we were shown to our room which was located upstairs through a really quirky spiral staircase (only a couple feet wide). The room was spacious and the bathroom was impeccable and clean. The shower was the nicest one that I had used in all of my different hotels/hostels in Portugal. There was even a cute little private deck/terrace area that we had access to that got decent views of the sunset in the evening.

The house has a bunch of rooms that are all unique in their own way. It was definitely a warm and wonderful experience and I recommend this place highly to all travelers making their way to Lagos. You will not be dissappointed!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The b&b is charming, beautiful and extremely clean. It feels very homey with a shared kitchen, bathrooms and living room.

It might be a bit noisey in the evenings, but no biggy!

Truly beautiful!

The beaches are very close and the historical Lagos is just a step away.

I would warmly reccomend it.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2016

Honestly I can't fault our stay at Julia's lovely place. Julia alone was just amazing. We came with our lil 16 month old boy and Julia welcomed us so openly, and was so great to us. She helped us out so much with printing out flight cards, with beach towels, umbrellas, toys etc.. The guesthouse was also amazing, with a big kitchen, lots of bath rooms and a nice living room. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and tidy even through our baby boys stay ;) the location is perfect with just a stepping stone to all the bars and pubs. And it's really cool because the building has been in the family for a hundred years and we could feel that it is her pride and joy! Keep up the good work Julia!!!! Thanks for everything and we will definitely see you again!!

Room tip: Ask for top appartment, it looks amazing. We get that next time.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed 27 August 2015

Julia is very welcoming and you quickly feel at ease asking her questions. She has put together a great book with information on the area (buses, etc). Her rooms are well-organized (shelf space in the fridge as well as a dry-goods area were very appreciated). The kitchen is very extremely well-equipped, though sometimes confusing what's private and what's for guests. The place is spotless! We had booked a twin room and were disappointed to have a bunk bed. The two bathrooms are well-maintained and the water is hot in the shower. Two bathrooms weren't enough for the number of people staying there, though, and I was surprised that she cleaned them at 7:30 in the morning, which was noisy and inconvenient. You are right in the heart of the restaurant/shop area so it's great if you're looking to go out. That, of course, means that you have a lot of noise from the street at night-time. A fan in the room would have really helped us out so that we could block the noise and light by having the shutters closed but still have air flow. The beaches are very close by and Julia can give you recommendations on which ones are the best to see. With a fan and without bunk beds, we would have rated this place a 4.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple