“A Lovely Surprise”

l'Osteria
Ranked #1 of 375 Restaurants in Faro
Price range: US$12 - US$17
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Our first night in Faro - hungry, a little lost, no idea where we were going, just wandering the charming cobblestone streets. We walked in and were welcomed as if they had been expecting us all evening. The food was outstanding - risotto al funghi, bavette carbonara, topped off by homemade tiramisu and coffee - but the service and attitude of the staff were exceptional. And the prices were a bargain. We'll likely go back and recommend that you go, as well.

1  Thank Greystrider_Dan

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Wandered in for dinner- what a treat! Lots of local families in for dinner, the pasta was wonderful .... and the tiramisu- wow! But best of all were the people

1  Thank Debra B
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We arrived for a family meal, without a booking, and were welcomed at the door as if they knew we were coming We had a variety of dishes for the table to share and they were all delicious. It's a real taste of Italy within Portugal. I can't wait to go again!

1  Thank abbiecollings
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Came here with my family (English) and my partners family (Portuguese) and we were all completely blown away, fantastic wine, perfect food and the most attentive staff. This meal has absolutely made our trip and makes me and my partner, who are both in hospitality, incredibly grateful there is such a gem in Faro. To top it all of, very reasonably priced. We will most certainly be back many, many times! Great job, keep it up!!

1  Thank Madison C
Reviewed 3 March 2018

We arrived on a very wet & windy evening, the log fire was on (very appreciated); my husband had a pizza & I chose a pasta dish, it was all delicious & quite refined. We had a local wine which was really nice & reasonably priced, definitely a very good restaurant.

1  Thank brian341