All reviews stunning beach bus service hotel pool out of season beach bar sea view
Reviewed 10 March 2018

hotel a bit run down but for what we paid b&b £210 for a week in february superb value and right on the beach with great aminaties,lovely local resturants close by would return again,could really do with updating rooms etc for its star rating

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Very average rooms and furniture needs upgrade I was living with my wife and kid in self catering villa room service was good as they come for everyday cleaning but furniture was rotten and place just stinks I would not recommend this place how ever alfamar beach hotel is good from self catering villas,they also have indoor pool,hotel is exactly on beach but far from albufeira if you can drive than no problem also there are buses running from next to supermarket.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Alfa-Mar beach & sport hotel for a few days celebrating my 50th birthday!! Just what we needed after the Xmas festivities.the room was basic with a fridge shame it didn’t have a kettle too. But was very clean, beds not too bad cleaners in everyday, we asked to change rooms only as we wanted a sea view, receptionist was very helpful. Cost only €17 per night extra which was great as the view was stunning we had b&b. Buffet style continental & cooked plenty of choice. Was cheaper to have room service for dinner other than paying €20 per head at the all you can eat in the restaurant which wasn’t bad. Huge hotel a little dated but clean.friendly helpful staff. Not much in the way of entertainment but it was out of season being January. Pool and jacuzzi was fab. Need a cab to venture out we walked almost an hour along the beautiful beach to Villanova marina. Nice cafes & eateries.. lovely area. If you were looking for a beach holiday this place is perfect because there’s not much near by but to hire a car or taxi would be needed but not too expensive. We were looking for a nice chilled few days by the sea that’s what we got absolutely stunning views all round. Would imagine it to be VERY busy in the summer would definitely recommend and will be back. Weather was great too. Although chilly in the evening

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cosmopolitan749360
Reviewed 2 January 2018

HI. I was staying over the Christmas for 7 days. Food excellent.Rooms big,clean, with hot water, staff friendly, beautiful environment for those who like the nature and less the pub socialisations. I really like it. Cheap price as well!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vlad G
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the AlfaMar hotel for a few days. Breakfast was buffet style and was very good. All tastes catered for..although I would like to see more gluten free options. The hotel room was big and had a sea view also a bath. The evening buffet was a little expensive I thought. It was 20 euro per person however it was an all you could eat buffet. Drinks were separate to the cost. I think they should include a bottle of wine in the cost considering how reasonable priced wine is in Portugal. Some nice staff in the dining room especially a young dark haired girl on the desk. The weather was lovely and the beach was a stones throw from the hotel. On the down side I found a lot of hairs in the bathroom and the cleanliness of the bathroom and toilet in general was lacking. The hotel decor is very dated inside too. Some of the staff are unfriendly, especially some of the staff in the poolside bar. I realise they are busy working but an odd smile or a thank you wouldn't go amiss. Also the staff on the reception desk could have been more helpful.. a little more information about what is available to guests. I found the smell of chlorine in the swimming pool and hot tubs overpowering and really stung the eyes. On the whole I enjoyed my time there. It was a good place to go for a December break.

Date of stay: December 2017