“Shhhhhh don’t tell anyone else”
Review of O'Leme

O'Leme
Ranked #18 of 909 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

People really make a place... our host was the father, waitress was the mom and the son picked up halfway through when the place got busy.
Where to start....
We were a family of 5 - two pensioners, two thirty something young parents and a one year old. My little one loves to investigate so after we ordered we moseyed around and eventually met the sons dog Lily. He was lovely, and made sure Lily was friendly with our little lady... then starters arrived and our one year old ate most of my melon and ham (what I could defend from her grabbing was DELICIOUS!!). Husbands tomato soup and grandparents cheese and crab spread were very well received.
Mains were grill yourself lamb (yum!)...sirloin steak (double yum)... garlic prawns (get in my tum) and grilled sea bass (marry me!!!!). The food was amazing, even our baby ate her fill. But what was ever better was the service. We asked for the house wine (red - €9 for a bottle) and it was fantastic... and when our lil chick got restless at the table, suddenly a toy dinosaur arrived and she was enthralled!!
Had a pannacotta, Apple cake and dark chocolate mousse for dessert (I could have swum around in my mousse for hours... drool)...and then the meal was over. stupendous is an understatement. Amazing service and lovely people...will be back before our holiday is over!!

3  Thank Emily N

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

7 of us went to eat there and everyone was extremely pleased with their meal. Delicious fresh seafood and lots of other choices on the menu if that's not your thing. One of us had a grilled turkey steak for example, for which there were absolutely no complaints. Melon with Serano ham was a very tasty starter, I would definitely recommend that. The service was equally good, we had a very friendly waiter who spoke fluent English and was very thorough when taking our order. It all arrived correct and in good time. Thanks guys, much appreciated!

2  Thank Tim I
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Everything about the meal was first class. Despite not having a clue what to do with The stone steak, it was explained to me and turned out amazing.

Best meal of the holiday by far.

2  Thank discuit
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We were in this amazing restaurant last night. The atmosphere food and service were top class. I had the crab pate to start (2 euros). It was absolutely delicious. For mains I had the sirloin cooked on stone - a side salad and chips were included in the price. Again amazing. My partner had vegetable soup and fish and chips - which he really enjoyed. For dessert we shared apple pie and ice cream. Ranks with one of the best I have ever tasted. We had the House white wine (Douro) which cost 9 euros. Full price of meal 44.25 euros. Can highly recommend this restaurant. It is well worth the taxi ride to it.

3  Thank Lorraine T
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

This lovely restaurant is about 1km from the marina and probably best visited by taxi - which are cheap here. The food was great. Stone steak highly recommended as was fish. Local house wine of good quality and only about 9e a bottle. Well worth a visit. Family run business and it shows! We went about 7pm and it was quiet but gets busy after 8pm - suggest booking in high season. Enjoy!!

2  Thank Andrew W