See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night in late Feb. We were the only guests and the staff person treated us well. As an old building it is interesting to stay there. It was cold and damp during our stay. While the guest room was warm with the heater the common rooms were cold even with a fire.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

BEAUTIFUL special different from the norm,,,!! With the help of some friendly local who told me to follow her ,,,I made my way up to this establishment on my bike cursing my very expensive sat nav for again letting me down ,,,I wanted to do a basil fawlty on it ,and best it with a Bush ,,,worth the trip do ,,,love the friendly staff ,,,this old historical hotel is different in a good way ,,room had tv,coffee facilities,country view,,,no restaurant,but the young lady made me sandwich and some drinks were available ,,the outdoor pool was lovely and I was encouraged to use it ,,which I did ,,it's a no frills experience,,,but very special ,would return ,with or without Sat nav,! ?

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank cathalmacdomhnaill
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We had a nice welcome in this convento. Anna did everything to let her guests feel home. When she told the store of the house her eyes were like stars. She is really proud on the house and the area.
Every morning we had fresh juice and warm bread for breakfast.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We were three days in the Convento during May 2017.The atmosphere is very special due to the original ruines of an old cloister and also with the special decoration inside.It's a place of meditation in a complete natural setting. The ladies of the house are wonderfull and pamper their guests as kings.A good place to fly out in the region and to travel around.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2016

We stayed in the 'conventa da provenca for 7 nights.
Our suite "almeira"(entrance room, bathroom and bedroom) was spartan but had all the luxery we needed. Rooms were clean and matrasses very ok!
The convent is a museum all over, in every corner there is a point of interest. Looking out of the windows you enjoy the beauty of the garden and nearby hills. We were not bored one minute. The staff is sooo efficient and friendly! Its been long time we met young people so motivated doing their jobs and lots more than that..
Breakfast was perfect and complete.
The place is quiet and peacefull. What does a monk needs more? I know... a good drink with the wife at the fire place in the evening;

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple