Estalagem de Marvao - Casa de Campo
Dom Dinis(Marvao)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$79
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

Hotel El Rei Dom Manuel(Marvao)(Great Value!)
US$64
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

Boutique Hotel O Poejo(Santo Antonio Das Areias)(Great Value!)
US$87
Hostelworld.com
TripAdvisor
Camping Asseiceira(Santo Antonio Das Areias)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsold housestone wallsbeautiful housebreadrenewedfloorfireplacebreakfastvillagecastleviews
Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights on the twin room. Big comfy room with good heating. Shower excellent. Lovely staff and exceptional service. Loved the fireplace. The shop has goodies like wine cheese bread chocolate. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2015

This small hotel in the centre of Marvao was a real find. I knew it was a hilltop town but didn't expect it to be so quaint and original. I was travelling with my father who isn't very mobile but the owner of the hotel gave us a room which could be accessed via a back door by driving around the village so that was problem solved!
The building has been renovated sympathetically keeping many of the oringinal features but the room was large and comfortable and the shower hot and powerful.
The owner has a small shop on the ground floor selling essentials and a buffet breakfast is also available for a small charge which was excellent.
The village itself was amazing being completely fortified overlooked by it's castle and there were a few bars and restaurants very close by and a great bar next to the church with views for miles around.
Definitely worth a visit!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2015 via mobile

This was a nice homey place. Bed was good room was nicely designed in local country style. Shower was good, everything nice clean and new. We arrived late and texted the contact number and owner came out and gave us our room and some tips. Breakfast was just OK.

Stayed: April 2015
Reviewed 24 July 2014

A nice old house completely renewed with all the comfort .
Located in the heart of Marvao is a fantastic place to stay and explore the wonderful very old town.
A friendly staff is very helpful to teach you the nicest places to go , to eat or to park your car.
Very good value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pedrosacouto
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I stayed 1N at Estalagem De Marvao on our last night in Portugal before we leave for Spain the next day. Marvao is a quaint little village and is charming in its own way with stone walls and white washed buildings all around. When you arrive in Marvao, you feel you are in a different land altogether. Roads are extremely narrow which make driving extremely challenging.

Upon our arrival at Estalagem, we were checked in by Juan? (the friendly guy at the reception who speaks perfect English). I confirm with him that the room rate comes with breakfast. We didn't have a good start as he insisted room rate excludes breakfast. I was pretty sure I was correct as I've always ask in all my emails a standard no. of questions regarding parking and breakfast to all the hotels before i confirm my bookings and have recorded them clearly. The owner came over shortly and insisted that I was wrong. He ask me for my email correspondences. I've printed out my booking but because the email was done under a box provided by bookings.com, I do not have the corresponding reply which tells me buffet breakfast was included. However, I've subsequent email from my personal account showing my questions on the breakfast (which also prove that there were earlier questions on this if not, it's impossible for me to even know there was breakfast in the first place). Anyway, having said that, the breakfast was only 2.50 euros each! Not expensive but I guess it's the mistrust that I sensed that somehow make this not so pleasant.

Having said that, the owner was gracious enough to throw in the breakfast. Breakfast was sufficient and perhaps above average by European standard. We've stayed in some places with very miserable breakfast, only bread, jam and butter. We've also stayed in better ones with a wide range: freshly baked pastries, home made sausages, jamon iberico, tuna tartar, freshly squeezed orange juice. Over at Estalagem, you get some nice home made bread, ham, salami, cheese, yogurt and different sort of beverages.

The double room was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was spacious with strong hot shower. I felt the toiletries were lacking. The bar soap was very small and thin, there was no hair conditioner or body lotion. But again, only very few European hotels or B&B offers full amenities. We brought our own so that was fine.

We ask for a quiet facing. We were given a room facing the road. So we could hear people talking and their foot steps. The church is also nearby so we could hear the church bells ringing every half hour or so. If that bothers you, you should ask for a room with a different facing (not sure if it helps).

Overall, Estalagem is quite a nice B&B. Marvao is also a charming place that offers a breathtaking view.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple