we very much enjoyed our stay in this lovely cosy, well equipped cottage which has everything you need to holiday in comfort in this beautiful county. Booking the cottage was extremely easy and good value, Priscilla was very friendly and we very much enjoyed her Victorua sponge and damson jam. Having read the not very enterprising reviews on Chatsworth we decided to visit Haddon Hall which was very interesting and had a great cafe. We also visited Cromford Mills and learnt about the life of Richard Arkwright after he left our home town of Preston. We also visited Matlock and Bakewell which we loved.
After booking the Old Creamery, the communication with Priscilla via email and the information provided were excellent.
Upon arriving we were instantly impressed: the location is beautiful, with a great view of the Derbyshire countryside beyond the orchard. The flag of our adopted country was also flying when we pulled up, which was a nice personal touch. Being able to park right outside was an added benefit that proved its worth when coming home with shopping and/or the kit used for that day's activities.
The cottage itself is comfortable, homely, full of character and, from a practical point of view, very well appointed. Everything was of good quality and worked well. Some standout points included:
- The separate fridge and freezer in the kitchen, and the extra fridge
- Good water pressure in the shower
- A strong wifi signal throughout the cottage
- The heated drying rack that was useful when we wanted to dry laundry or towels without resorting to turning the central heating on
- Plenty of storage space, both for clothes in the bedrooms and for shoes, bags and outdoor kit in the inner hallway
- Well thought-out lighting, with useful dimmer switches for the hall and lounge, plenty of lamps in the bedrooms, and suitably bright kitchen and bathroom lighting. Each room could be made functionally bright or cosy as required, which was useful for the children at night.
- Suitably-sized radiators in all the rooms, so on the single occasion during our stay when the central heating was needed, the cottage quickly warmed up.
Generally, we loved the mixture of country styling with modern functionality and we felt comfortable and at home as a result. It was also really nice to chat to Ian and Priscilla, typically bumping into them as we were about to set off for the day or upon returning. We travelled with a nine month-old baby and an eight year-old, and found the cottage to be suitably child-friendly.
All in all, a great holiday cottage that we would highly recommend.