1,702 results
All reviews stately home beautiful grounds afternoon tea lovely setting two night stay both mornings self service both nights short break buffet style sunday lunch full english yogurt mansion room terrace bar magnificent building library
Reviewed 8 September 2016

What a grand place Stoke Rochford Hall is, massive hotel with grand gardens and a number one venue for a wedding.
I was an usher at my nieces wedding and whilst I the groom, best man, grooms father and the other usher was getting dressed, at 10:30 room service asked us to clear the room (the wedding was at 13:00). The groom had a few words but we still felt rushed. When we finished getting dressed we all rushed to get our other stuff together throwing it in all kinds of bags and putting them in the grooms car..

The wedding was brilliant and waking up the next day I realized my trainers were not in my room. The groom told me they were not in his car and the other members of the groom party said they did not have them. I told the manager and she had the room searched as there were no other guest staying in that room that night (why the rush to get us out hey) they were not in there and also not in lost property......

The manager told me if they could not find them they would reimburse me. This was Friday 2nd sep, today (8th Sep) I called them as I gave them my number but they did not call me. I was told I had two choices..... 1. Call the police..... 2. I would receive a refund up to £50 but only if I have my receipt.

I don't have the receipt and to be honest what are the police going to do. I have now lost a £90 pair of trainers.

Thanks Stoke Rochford Hall.

The funny thing is this made our others problems seem like nothing. 1. Central heating on even though I complained several times. 2. Breakfast was great apart from our cups of tea were served as we finished our food. 3. Our room was not cleaned on the second day.

Sorry for the long winded review but needed to let off some steam..

Robert

Room Tip: Not Mansion 16 very small for £120 a night
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Very enjoyable stay. Impressive hall especially as you approach the main drive. It's shame there us a 70s building at the top if the drive. There was a wedding on every day which reduced the bar menu somewhat but a good pint of blue moon and decent food. The breakfast self service or order from menu. The salmon and scrambled eggs especially nice. The room was very modern with a wet room for the bathroom. The bed was a tad small and looked it In he large room. We stayed in the coach house r. 15. This overlooked the main entrance and was a bit noisy when the wedding party finished around midnight. Nice walks around the surrounding countryside. We found a glider club based at an old airstrip and visited a bunker here used in the war that we wouldn't have known about if a kind lady hadn't driven up to tell us about it. We used the leisure centre facilities on the Friday evening. A decent sized pool, well equipped gym and just one jacuzzi. Staff really friendly. We would gladly visit this hall again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rats_snod
Barry1972, General Manager at Stoke Rochford Hall, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Thank you for your 5/5 review. We're delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back again before too long.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Just returned from a nice breakaway to Stoke Rochford, when you sweep up the long drive through the parkland then turn at a sharp right angle to face the Hall, Wow! Very impressive! A grand Victorian pile!
The reception, formerly the Grand Hall is dominated by a huge fireplace, we received a pleasant welcome from the staff on reception. Our room was a mansion room in the main house, large, well decorated and comfortably furnished. It had all you could possibly need, an iron and board, trouser press, portable heater and even an electric fan. A small flat screen TV, ( in a room this size a large TV would have been better), also tea/coffee/hot chocolate and biscuits, The ensuite bathroom was very well appointed, nicely finished, shower over bath, complimentary toiletries and nice clean white towels. The room was very good. A slight criticism was the dormer Windows, which you could not see out of, as being on the second floor and effectively in the roof space , but you have to accept that this is a period property, such a shame as you could not take advantage of the wonderful views.
We were on a bed/ breakfast and one evening meal booking basis, we chose to have a bar meal in the Oak room on the first evening which was okay. We had a three course evening Table de Hote meal which we combined with the A La Carte menu at a small supplement which was very reasonable. The Rochford dining room was lovely, the meal was good, hot and nicely presented. The standard Table de Hote menu has choice of three starters, three mains and three desserts. The A La Carte has more menu choice which you can mix and match.
Breakfasts were in a basement part of the hotel in the SRH dining room, a decent choice of food, cereals, fruits, yoghurt, toast, croissants etc plus a good choice of buffet hot breakfast fare and a further choice of individual veggie sausages etc to order, the breakfasts were satisfactory however the service was poor. We had to wait and ask for cereal bowls at the cereal table and for the milk bottles to be refilled, the same with plates and bread for the toast station and the scrambled eggs and bacon ran out on the buffet, we had to ask and wait for more. We also had to ask for tea and coffee.
It is a shame about this as it lets the 'show' down, small things but small things that should really not happen, staff really should be taking more notice.
The waiting service was also very slow and uncoordinated in the Rochford dining room in the evening too.
To summarise, a lovely old Victorian Country Hall set in lovely parkland, main house public rooms are really nice if you like and appreciate historic decor.
What a shame for the waiting service to let it down. I also consider the basement area to be in need of some TLC to upgrade it.
The staff are polite and courteous on the whole, just the odd one or two need a bit more customer service training, I hope our review is seen as constructive, you cannot make improvements if no one alerts you to the problems, I hope we have been very fair. I would love to stay again sometime, I bet Christmas time would be quite nice. Thank you staff at Stoke Rochford Hall.

Room Tip: Main house, (Mansion bedrooms are I believe much better than the stable and other outside rooms)
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorrainepaul60

Thank you for your postivie review and your constructive feedback. We're pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to welcome you back gaain.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I found Rochford hall an amazing place to wonder. The staff cannot do enough for you. I loved the library full of books and to possibly suit all tastes. 28 acres of grounds to explore a gym, swimming pool, sauna, and steam room. My husband and I used them all. The rooms a little small and i did think do not match up to the photos on web site but still very comfortable, clean an old building with very creaky floors if you are on the ground floor. We had breakfast both mornings and the food was good we also had a lunch and after we did not need supper as there was a very good plate full. This is a hotel to be enjoyed and if you love oldish buildings a great hotel to explore...

Room Tip: There is only one accessible room.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annette W

Thank you for your positive review and we're pleased to read that you enjoyed a relaxing break with us.

I note your comments regarding the room type chosen; by the very nature of this being such an old building and one never originally designed to be a hotel, it is fair to say that we have virtually no 2 rooms out of 96 which are the same. We do endeavour to represent all of the room types; from small double and standard courtyard rooms, to our superior Mansion bedrooms on our own website.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back again before too long.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Such a beautiful place and the staff are so friendly. We came to a friends wedding and stayed the night before, the room was lovely. We ate in the restaurant and the food was amazing and reasonable. Breakfast was great, everything you would expect. The wedding day way fabulous from start to finish, the hotel ,grounds staff, food .... We absolutely loved our stay at stoke rochford hall and will definitely be returning soon. I would recommend this hotel to any bride as a venue for your special day. Please try and enjoy!!!

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank sarah b

Thank you for your 5/5 review and we're absolutely delighted to read just how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again before too long.