All reviews great location separate bedrooms family suite top floor no lift continental breakfast the main square boiled eggs bread minute walk small hotel lovely hotel would stay here again room was large tea coffee making facilities good size lovely breakfast
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

More a b&b than hotel.
Breakfast was a meagre buffet style offering. Selection of breads, 3 bits of sorry looking cheese, some cheap, supermarket style cold meats and a piece of pate.
Upon entry we were offered tea or coffee but never asked if we'd like a refill.
There was also cereals and cheap orange juice available.
The room was fairly large but not very well furnished.
Bathroom was very dated and not very clean.
We stayed 3 nights and during this time laundry was left in the hallway outside our room.
All in all very overpriced for what is offered!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Frank V, Owner at Hotel Malleberg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

I think you are the same guest as the previous reviewer.

Sad to see Tripadvisor is used for personal interest,

Reviewed 12 September 2018

A couple of hours after leaving the hotel my wife and I discovered our passports were missing. We rang the hotel and asked the lady if she would check the safe in our room. She refused as there were new guests in the room. After searching through our luggage again with no joy, I phoned the Malleberg again, this time she agreed to look and asked me to call back in 5 minutes. When I called back she said she had checked but our passports were not there. Personally I don't think she even looked.
We could not board the ferry home without passports so had to book into a hotel. Not easy, bank holiday weekend!!!
The next morning out of desperation as the Consulate was closed for the bank holiday I phoned the hotel again, the husband answered and checked again. Low and behold he found the documents in the room safe!!!
Whilst it was our fault we left the passports in the safe, this was due to the ridiculous height of the thing, I am 5ft 9in and could not see into it on tiptoe!! If the owners wife had bothered to look in the first place it would have saved us the cost of a couple of extra nights in another hotel, having to rebook a ferry and a hell of a lot of unnecessary stress!!
I have since contacted the hotel. They totally deny any responsibility whilst our passports were out of our possession for 3 days due to their negligence and we are some £700 out of pocket!
Avoid this place!!!!!

Stayed: August 2018
Frank V, Eigenaar at Hotel Malleberg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

To all readers,
This guest forgot his passport and blamed us for that.
offered free post service but guests didn't want that , instead started blaming us for all kind of things including claim for extreme costs ???
Don't know why but husband and wife tell us different story, probably they do not agree with each other.
Disregard this review please, has nothing to do with our hotel.
Sincerely

Reviewed 24 August 2018

A lovely hotel with clean, spacious rooms (particularly quiet at the back of the hotel), a charming breakfast lounge in a 16th century cellar (careful you don't bang your head on the curved wall as I did if sitting at a side table) and friendly, helpful host and staff. There's even a small patio with toilets. A helpful hint; the red button on the room safe isn't visible - it's at the side. The only drawbacks for me was the use of UHT milk rather than fresh milk (although this seemed to be the norm in Bruges) & the wooden floors meant that heavy-footed (and perhaps drunk) guests were audible coming in at night. It is more or less in the centre of Bruges, within easy walking distance of the main shopping area & the markets (Vismarkt for crafts & Dijver for crafts, collectibles & bric-a-brac).

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter & I imagine the top floor would be too.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russell B
Reviewed 19 August 2018

The first impression of the hotel was that the outside looked very welcoming. This continued to the welcome from the lady owner who was very smiley and checked us in quickly providing a map too which was an excellent touch. Our room was at the front on the top floor and very quiet. It was hard to understand how quiet until we opened the windows and could hear the road noise. The room was very clean and well appointed. The bathroom was clean and well equipped. The shower was great and made it harder to get my teenage son out of it! The hotel is very central which made it easy to get to everything we wanted to see.
Sadly there is no parking (hardly a surprise) but it is within a 5 minute walk of an underground carpark (Pandreitje) which was safe, easy to access and reasonably priced. There is a pull in place in front of the hotel.
Breakfast in the morning was good. Lots of food available and a good choice. We particularly liked the cups.
We would happily come here again.

Room Tip: There is no lift.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Hotel in the heart of Bruges with a very welcoming host, typical stone and wood house. Very quiet if you have a room facing the back garden. Breakfast had some delicious hot chocolate even if the rest of the food is more standard.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple