“Sets the standard in glamping!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Trecombe Lakes

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Enter a caption for your photo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Imgoingso...
Derby, United Kingdom
“Sets the standard in glamping!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Absolutely superb pods in excellent surroundings and totally sets the standard for glamping in cornwall. You'd be disappointed staying anywhere else! The pods are so well equipped, so clean, we didn't really need to bring anything with us. We shall be sad to leave here on Friday but will be booking again for next year! Our hosts were lovely and friendly too. The row boat on the lake is good fun, the BBQ is great, lodge house is great idea (you can pick up charcoal and firewood). Only 5-10 mins away from beaches too.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aaron S
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Simply fantastic”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Found this place on the Internet whilst looking for somewhere for my friends and I to stay on our annual fishing trip. The communication was superb from the very first contact, every detail was covered and we couldn't have been happier... Glamping really doesn't do this place justice, the whole place was spotless, the pods were fantastic, the facilities superb and the area should be listed as a place of Cornish natural beauty.
Whether you want to cook in the kitchens, barbecue or simply toast your marshmallows on the open fire you will not be disappointed, a perfect way to see Cornwall. All there is left to say is 'go for it', you'll love it...

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Lisa H
Derby
“Truly amazing experience”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I've just been with my husband and friends for a two night stay we had travelled down to Cornwall for a friends wedding.On arrival we met the owners who couldn't have been more polite, helpful and friendly . The pods are truly amazing they have been very well thought out and well equipped there was just nothing you could fault with this accommodation. The surroundings and location are beautiful and offer peace and tranquility. I would definitely recommend this accommodation and are suitable for couples and families

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Whole experience
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Hannah108...
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“A lovely stay in Cornwall”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Was very pleased with our stay at Trecombe Lakes. Pod living is great fun, the location was lovely and tranquil and not far from some places of interest and amenities.
My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
AmberPig
Lancashire
“Takes glamping to a whole new level”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I came across Trecombe Lakes after a lot of looking around online for accommodation near Helston, but I'm so glad I kept searching. I've been camping before, and to very civilised mobile homes in France with our 5 year old in previous years, but with a 5 month old now in tow my main concerns were cold/damp, and not being in a position to want to 'rough it'.

As it happened, we arrived at 23.30 after a long drive from Lancashire to be greeted by driving rain and wildly gusting wind. The arrangement with the key being available in a small safe by the front door was excellent, and I and the two children were soon inside. I could have cried with relief to be safe within such a warm and cosy haven. Despite the weather, we didn't need the heater on at all, and we felt completely cocooned from the weather.

We'd arranged a travel cot, but our baby daughter preferred to tuck in beside me under the very snuggly duvet; and who could blame her. If anything, we were too warm; I hope there's something lighter weight in the summer! The decor was lovely, very funky (do all the pods have a duvet pattern to match their animal name?), and the 5 year old loved her first experience of a beanbag. We really appreciated the attention to detail, from the fridge, kettle , toaster, and even a heated towel rail in the bathroom to the complimentary tea and coffee and right down to a tea towel and washing up equipment. Not everywhere provides all this, and it was great.

The next day my partner and older daughter did a bit of exploring around the lake and play area. It was a shame the conditions weren't fit to try out the boats, but she managed fine on the adventure play area. Previous reviewers have commented that this is aimed more at older children, and certainly I think pre-schoolers would struggle, so I'd agree adding something for them e.g. smaller swings, ladder and slide would be a nice touch.

From the point of view of a young family, especially travelling with a baby, I'd like to have had use of a microwave. Personally I've come to rely on one for sterilising bottles and warming baby food, and while there is cold water sterilising and you could use a pan of water to heat food, everything else at Trecombe is done to such a high standard it seems a shame to have to struggle. Also, as a contact lens wearer, please could the mirror in the bathroom be nearer the washbasin? Walking across the bathroom semi-blind while balancing a slippery contact lens on your finger is asking for trouble!

Altogether, it was a fantastic experience and the only downside was that we just had 2 nights. We'll be back for a longer stay though - if we can get in, as this place deserves to be booked solid!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fabulous quality, a real top end pod experience
Liked least: Not having a microwave - but it's only a small problem!
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing