All reviews no lift bavo's cathedral private bathroom convenient location breakfast was included lovely hotel beautiful city centre
Reviewed 13 March 2018

The hotel is very close to the Cathedral and there are a lot of cafes and restaurants nearby. I stayed in a room with a private bathroom in the building next door and it was great - huge bathroom, very quiet and comfortable, but keep in mind there is no lift.
The breakfast was included in the rate and it is sufficient to start the day. It would be nice to have something sweet (e.g. biscuits, cake) and fresh vegetables.
The receptions staff was nice and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Very convenient location in the centre of this beautiful city. Just a short walk to the centre. The hotel has no parking. Very helpful and friendly staff. The room was small and basic but clean and comfortable and we slept well. Breakfast was a varied continental style with plenty of fresh bread. Beware the stairs are quite challenging and there is no lift

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonniebeard
Reviewed 11 July 2017

My room in this hotel was both clean and quiet, but on the small side. A curved beam in the ceiling was so low that I hit my head on it at night while walking to the bathroom. The location is very close to the major sites in Ghent. The view out of my window of St. Bavo's Cathedral was spectacular. I would not hesitate staying here again on my next trip to Ghent.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel has a perfect location. The hosts are really nice and gave us good tips on where to eat and what to visit. The room was clean and had great views of the city center! We had an awesome time there. Recommended!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Marta G
Reviewed 22 May 2017

It's not the worst place you could stay, but it's definitely not a nice hotel. We stayed for 1 night and I wouldn't like to have stayed more. It wasn't necessarily unclean, just so old and run-down that it can't possibly ever look clean again.
The walls are paper thin, so you will not get a good night's sleep. We stayed in room 19, and the bathroom light was on a motion sensor which was incredibly annoying. The light was constantly on when we didn't want it to be because we forgot we had to always leave the door closed so as not to set off the sensor. But again, it's cheap for a reason.
On the plus side, the staff were very friendly, breakfast is included, and the little lobby is pretty cool. But if you can stay somewhere else, you should choose that option.

Stayed: May 2017