“Food is good, waiters are not friendly”

Istanbul Grill Restaurant
Ranked #1,753 of 4,475 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 3 May 2018

It was a lunch for family of three with a kid. Price is ok for a restaurant. First, we ordered two plates for adults because my kid did not want to eat. Later, we wanted to order a take a way lunch for my kid and the waiter was very impatient to come back and take the order again. They seemed to pay more attention to the same racial background eaters. Well...you lost the tips! Foods were good though. We never went back during our stay in Amsterdam. There are many Halal Restaurants around.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

One of the best options for Halal, had some grilled chicken and some Showarma and it was good, the quantity was quite good and filling.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

If you're looking for halal options in Amsterdam then this is a good option .
The food and the service was good .
Just little bit pricey .
Recommended

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Very cold in restaurant, can't believe that this can be called restaurant where 15 degrees inside in february, when out is 2-3 degrees, owner of this restaurant must think about things like this, that no one wants to seat there at winter, if inside 15C temperaure! Had to have jacket, to be able stay inside. Food was ok, salad looked cheap, waiter not so kind, with bad English, and difficult to communicated. So at all just can say good main dish, rest is bad, and this not look like realy restaurant, but more like cheap fast-food place, even with more investing, in heating system, better interior, this place can have top level, otherwise will leave forever just fast-food.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

This place is a scam operation designed to lure unsuspecting (probably stoned) tourists with the offer of reasonably priced food, which ends up costing around double the stated amount,

Guy at the door says "Chicken kebabs - five Euros"
I say "Five Euros, for a chicken kebab? Can we sit down inside for that price?"
Kebab guy confirms "Yes, five Euros for chicken kebab, sit down inside"

So my wife and I order chicken kebabs, wait about fifteen minutes(!) for them, and eat them. I go to the till to pay and get asked for nineteen Euros.

An argument ensues. I get told I we being charged extra for a piece of lettuce. I refuse to pay, insisting that I specifically asked for two five Euro kebabs and in any case, lettuce isn't worth that much.

The owner threatens to call the police. I threaten him with a stinking review on Tripadvisor unless he keeps to his original price.

The owner gets aggressive. Other men emerge from the kitchen. I remember this is supposed to be on a fun weekend. I throw a twenty Euro note over the counter, tell him to keep the change and flounce off in a huff, vowing to write a stinking review on Tripadvisor. Here it is.

1  Thank Ed R