Hotel Vijaya
US$314
US$299
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Boheme(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$218
  • Breakfast included
US$292
US$278
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Novotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$346
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$192
  • Pool
Dutch Design Hotel Artemis(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$117
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$94
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$166
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$191
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrest your headdam squarecanal viewcontinental breakfastprivate bathroomcentral stationexcellent locationwould stay againtop floorrldearplugsnightlife
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Having never been to Amsterdam, other than a few hours on a mini cruise years ago, I booked Hotel Vijaya via booking.com as it seemed to meet our requirements of decent price for an overnight stay and a great location.

After reading some reviews on here we were a bit apprehensive but decided if it was worse case scenario it was only an overnight. I had contacted the hotel just after I booked to request a room at the front of the hotel and the room we got (17) was on 3rd floor (not advisible if you have respiratory problems, steep spiral staircases lol) and had a great view of street, canal and seating are of cafe/bar next door.

We arrived early morning off the overnight ferry and we had been advised we could leave our luggage prior to checking in. We did this then went to do some exploring. Upon checking in the staff were very helpful in advising which tram to get to all the attractions and reception is manned 24 hours. We were informed we could also leave our luggage after checking out should we require it (which we did).

Our room was very clean with a quirky layout. We booked a twin room and the 2 single beds fitted snuggly together at the top of the room perfectly (wall to wall). We were fine with this (I'm sure some people would complain!!) and found it amusing as it added to the quirkiness of the room as we had to climb up and down the bed to get in and out and also look out the window. The bathroom was basic with good size shower and again very clean.

When we got back to hotel at night there was a bit of a noise from people sitting outside the cafe/bar next door but what do you expect from a busy, bustling street full of life. Thats what earplugs are for :)
The location of the hotel is brill, tucked away about 5ish mins walk to Amsterdam Central station, for trains, buses, trams tourist bus and boat tours galore and even closer to Dam Square. It is also one street away from the bustle of the Red Light District.

Breakfast was a no frills continental breakfast layed out for guests to help themselves with a good timeframe for the late risers.

I would stay here again. Granted its not a high star rated hotel, but it was clean and the price was worth it for the location alone.

1  Thank jaymac20
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Good location but that’s IT. Filthy and noisy. Our bedroom door didn’t even lock from the inside. See pictures. So dated and not like it’s overly cheap. “Breakfast included” its self service so if there’s an option for just the room take it, we didn’t eat downstairs anyway.

1  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Took money out my account without my permission/knowledge. Then tried to do it a second time!!! I called as I needed it as some funds were proceeds of a fundraiser I have helped to organise, I then cancelled booking because I need this money asap but was told that it will take 2-4 weeks. Disgusted & Speechless

1  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and were given a double room despite requesting a twin off booking .com.
Location is great
. And that's all. Our room was tiny with worn, mismatched furniture. A tv we couldn't see and the bathroom across the hall. We literally had to move the bed to get into it.
Breakfast was a joke..20 kids sat on 2 benches and no room for us to sit. No coffee back go the room even! . No basic amenities in room. No hairdryer, kettle etc. Nothing
Entire "hotel" grubby and worn.
On the plus side. Great location and chap on desk first day did look for a twin room for us. "Pack em in cheap " kinda hostel. Definitely like no hotel I have ever stayed in

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank susyq1967
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

I have just arrived back today after celebrating my 30th birthday with friends and stayed at Hotel Vijaya. There are pros and cons to this hotel which I will try to address.

The hotel was basic but for what we paid it cannot be complained about. There was absolutely no bed bugs as others seemed to report and our bedding/towels were changed daily. The hotel was kept clean.

The staff were very helpful and the location was very accessible to the Red Light District. We were able to pre order an airport taxi through the hotel for 5 people for €55.

The rooms were small and basic and I certainly wouldnt advise anyone with mobility issues to book here as there are a lot of steep steps and no disability access.

If it was for a social visit then I would definitely recommend the place but dont expect a 5 star hotel for the price you pay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends