2,894 results
All reviews ciel bleu serre restaurant teppanyaki restaurant michelin starred restaurants health club pillow menu executive floor corner room turn down service de pijp city centre five star hotel top floor junior suite beautiful hotel rooftop bar nespresso machine
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Amazing rooms. Amazing service. Amazing location. Food is incredible. All the staff are very friendly and so helpful. A big shout out goes to Floris. He was a mindful of information and made our stay. We will definitely return to this 5 star hotel

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

I came here on the recommendation MG my friends who was staying at the hotel and is an Okura loyalist who stays with the group in Asia.
The check-in was non welcoming, but that’s ok I guess for such a large hotel. I was upgraded at the request of my friend, but got a twin bed room, I explained I was solo but that’s ok as well.
The real issue was when I went late to use the bathroom, I found human hair in the sink, there is a double sink so I disinfected the other sink. The bath had hair too-obviously there was only one bath!
I complained the next morning to reception, explained, the gentleman was apologetic and understanding, he said it will be dealt with immediately. I explained I’ll be back later in the afternoon and expect to use the bathroom.
I got back around 5pm, nothing had changed, the same hygiene issues remained.
I was tired, I didn’t use the bathroom again, I went down to reception and asked for the duty manager, I sat in the lobby for 40mins and no one showed up, I went back to the same reception lady and said I’ve been waiting 40mins (until 7pm), another reception lady got involved but still no duty manager. I went and had an excellent Japanese dinner in the hotel’s v good Japanese Michelin star restaurant.
I finally saw the manageress (v nice lady) as I was going to the my room, she apologised and had offered us a drink, assures me all is resolved.
I went to my room it was 10pm by now, still couldn’t use the bath-nothing had changed!
Hmmmm
The last thing I thought Okura will fall on its sword on is Hygiene - shame....

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank WiltonL1999
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Travelled to amsterdam with our family and had booked Hotel Okura online after doing some research about the hotel. We definitely got more than we expected.
Lovely rooms, great views and prompt service. The location is awesome and lots of great places nearby.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

A great hotel located about 20 mins walk from the centre. We didn’t have breakfast (€29.50 per person!!) but ate in two of the restaurants in the evening and the food was great.
There is a turn down service which was a nice touch and housekeeping were very amenable to requests (pillows / extra tea / fresh milk)
Staff all very friendly.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2018

My wife and I traveled to Amsterdam for the marathon and had booked the hotel well in advance. We received a very warm welcome from the front desk and the duty manager. We were brought to our room by the duty manager and shortly afterwards received a surprise birthday cake to the room. The room was modern and spotless with very good view as we were on the 10th floor. Breakfast is very good with a wide selection of cooked options, fresh fruit and fresh bread. However it is expensive if you have not included it as part of your booking.
We ate on the Serre Restaurant in the hotel and would very much recommend it. The food was great and the staff and service was exceptional. There are also one and two star Michelin options in the hotel. All in all a great hotel in a really good location. The neighborhood is full of good restaurants and away from the old town so gives a different perspective to Amsterdam. Worth a stay!

Date of stay: October 2018