1,682 results
All reviews canal view list of recommended restaurants keizersgracht canal anne frank house jordaan area nespresso machine lovely canal central station restaurant recommendations great boutique bottle of champagne small room triple room perfect location within walking distance would highly recommend this hotel quiet street
Reviewed 5 November 2018

A somewhat hidden hotel close to the central station but far enough away to be in an excellent location on the Keizersgracht canal. My wife and I stayed for 4 days and loved this place.
We had an upper floor room with a canal view. The most interesting aspect of the room was the window seating area looking out over the canal. It wasn't exactly a balcony, you were in the room but it was better somehow. There was a lowered small area for seating just in front of the wide double windows. Open both window doors and you felt like you were outside on a balcony. But still in the room. It is hard to describe, but was very lovely.
The room was small, like most European hotels, but fit our needs incredibly well. A small coffee prep / food counter. A raised floor bathroom was quite elegant. The decor was very nice.
The staff was quite helpful for us tourists, making a perfect dinner reservation on our last evening from a very vague description of what we wanted. The bar area was inviting.
The in house breakfast, which I think was extra, was very much worth the additional charge. It was very convenient, very good, excellent range of items to eat. We ate in every day.
The best feature of this hotel was either the room / balcony seating area or the location. We strongly recommend.

Room tip: Must get a canal view room. It's worth it.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michigan48158
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent Hotel with very friendly staff and nice environment. We spent great time here, fantastic breakfast very good position, very close to center of Amsterdam. I recommend this hotel to all romantic young couples

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Pasari
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Family trip with our children. Teens slept in a very small double and we had a larger room with an extra bed for our youngest. Our room was on the ground floor facing street. You can hear people and cars going by but noise dies down eventually and there is no noise from bar area. Rooms could use a bit of TLC. Entire staff was friendly and attentive (Melissa is absolutely charming!) Found it a bit overpriced but it is in a convenient location with nice restaurants nearby and within walking distance of sights or of tram service. Nice bar area for a late night drink after kids were in bed. Would visit again if we got better deal on room prices.

Room tip: Rooms on first floor face street
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank FPdeG
Reviewed 21 October 2018

I stayed here one night on the recommendation of a friend who stayed her and she was spot on. Great location - just a short walk from Amsterdam Centraal. Staff were lovely and friendly and could not have been better. The rooms are very nice - really comfortable. This property is close to everything and I honestly cannot fault a thing. Put it this way, everytime I am in Amsterdam I will look to stay here for all occasions - 5 stars.

Room tip: Canal view rooms are worth the extra
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank JWalker610
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

I wish there were hotels like this in more big cities. Despite its central location it is beautifully quiet. Our room was immaculate, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet is good. I'd certainly come here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ianewestt