2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$134
PricelineUS$134
eDreamsUS$134
CheapTicketsUS$133
2,228 results
All reviews harbour club city centre minute walk canal view nice hotel business trip nice room museum quarter van gogh museum quiet area public transportation tram concierge euro rijksmuseum cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Apollo Hotel Amsterdam last night, after being checked in by two very friendly reception employees Tessa and Sharon. I had a room that had the most amazing bathroom with a big rain shower. The bed in the room was seriously a little bit of heaven! I haven't slept this good in a hotel room before.
My friends and I also had a drink at the Harbour Club. The restaurant has the most beautiful view over the five adjoining canals. Definitely a must, to go to the restaurant or bar when you are staying in the Apollo Hotel. The staff is great and very friendly!
This morning the breakfast was also served at the Harbour Club. There was so much variation of sandwiches, fresh fruit, yoghurt and smoothies. It was a very good start of my day! I really recommend this hotel and I'll definitely come back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Apollo Hotel Am... A, Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear guest,

I am delighted to read such a positive review about the hotel! Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I will certainly pass along your positive comment to Tessa and Sharon.
I am glad you were amazed by the bathroom and the bed. A little bit of heaven is definitely a flattering compliment!
Did you and your friends enjoy some of the excellent cocktails at The Harbour Club while enjoying the view? Did you know that when the renovation is finished we will also open a brand new restaurant? I sure hope you will come and have a look in the future!
Thank you for pointing out our extensive breakfast buffet and recommending our hotel.

We look forwarding to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel was booked for us by Viking prior to a river cruise. When I read the reviews I was very concerned about the construction and ongoing upgrades. Well, all turned out beautifully! Leanne, at the reception desk, was so gracious in providing us a lovely, upgraded, quiet room. The room was very comfortable & well designed with a new bathroom. The concierges were helpful in calling cabs since the weather was rainy & cold & the hotel is a fair distance from the city center. When we inquired Jan so kindly accommodated our request for late checkout. The restaurant serves one of the best European breakfasts we've had. Dinner was excellent, also. There is a lot of construction & the hall to the restaurant is circuitous & noisy but I didn't notice direct disruption to guests. A very good experience.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Apollo Hotel Am... A, Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your Viking Cruise.

I am glad that you had a beautiful stay with us. I will pass on your compliments to Leanne, Jan and the concierges. They will be trilled to hear your lovely words.

Perhaps we can welcome you again after the renovation?

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I love this hotel. The guy at the front desk recognized it was my birthday while I was checking in and there was a surprise gift left especially for me from the restaurant. Everyone I encountered, from the front desk to the concierge could not have been more helpful or pleasant. The view of the canal and downtown was great too! I had a well renovated room that was perfect.

Room tip: Ask for a Canal view!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

It is great to read you love our hotel! I am glad we were able to make your birthday extra special by treating you with a little gift. I hope you enjoyed it to the fullest!
Thank you for your positive comment about our staff. We do our utmost best to make each stay a memorable one. Did you know that when the renovation is finished we will have a new lobby, rooms and restaurant? I do hope you will grant us another visit in the future. Maybe we can make one of your next celebrations even more special.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the renewed Apollo Hotel!

Donna van Eekeren – Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Our family spent 4 days in Amsterdam and stayed at the Apollo. located in the residential area instead of the tourist area but still at walking distance to all main attractions. The front desk staff and concierge made our experience a wonderful one

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rs2bbs

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Great to read you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you experienced some excellent service from our Front Desk and Concierge. They always try to go an extra mile for our guests. Did you also have dinner in our restaurant The Harbour Club? They have some of the best sushi in town!

Once again, thank you for this review. We hope to see you back soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2017

The rooms looks particulary well cleaned in a spotless Hotel, what is a must for me, well appointed rooms,if you forget something they will provide it emediatly, great fitness center and restaurant with water view... well done!

Room tip: Canal view are great!
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Laissa L
Apollo Hotel Am... A, Duty Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you experienced such a high level of cleanliness at the hotel. Our Housekeeping Team is doing an amazing job and it is great to read such a positive note on this.
Thank you for pointing out the responsiveness of our team and the restaurant. Did you also enjoy dinner there? After the renovation we will open a new restaurant that also has those stunning views over the water. I certainly hope you will grant us another visit in the future.

Hope to see you soon!