“everything you ask for! except the last morning..”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pantry
The Master Bedroom
sunny roof terrace with sun beds
living room with vintage furniture
dining table in the living room
main bedroom with king bed: 180 x 210 cm
lounge chairs in bedroom
king bed 180x210
view from the bedroom
bathroom overview
designer bath room with extra large bath
designer bathroom with separate rain shower
view at the Suite form the church tower
entrance
from tram/streetcar stop to Linnaeussuite
fountain near apartment
plants on the roof terrace
view on the monumental building
sunny terace in the park nearby
the park Frankendael at walking distance
sunny balcony
view from bed room in winter
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Spanish first
Any
Dave C
“everything you ask for! except the last morning..”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

well yes the bed is great. and the bath.. and the shower.. and the lounge..in fact it's really nice we walked 3 times in to the center my feet are killing.. i blame the wife.. the tram is £2.80 euro per hour you can go anywhere within that hour or £7.50 euro for 24hr pass.. the hot water machine did not work for the time we was there and we didn't see Lidy for 3 days and then only for a few Min's but that was not an issue for us..i would recommend staying here as I've been elsewhere and here .. this is like the ritz...

5 am wake up with screaming from next door! !sounded like an adult with "learning difficulty's" scared my wife.. on last day

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: balcony
Liked least: 5 am wake up with screaming for next door!! scared my wife.. on last day
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
3 Feb 2014
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your review!
I am sorry the sounds from next door scared your wife. We have an autistic boy living next door and he is usually a happy boy. Very rarely he gets upset and starts screaming. Luckily for him and us it only happens very rarely, only once a year. I can understand is was disturbing, I am sorry about that.
And I'm sorry the water cooker wasn't working. It is a pity you didn't contact me about it, I could have replaced it in a second. I was home all the time and my telephone numbers are available at the apartment. Indeed I do not come out to my guests that much, because I think they like to have their privacy and they know where to find me if they need me.

I am glad that you still enjoyed your stay so much!
Please come again to enjoy the Ritz feeling and I can assure you we do provide Ritz service as well :)
I am very serious about making sure my guests are having a great time while staying at the Linnaeussuite!
Lidy
BambiLond...
London
“Great cosy spacious apartment”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and would thoroughly recommend the apartment. There was plenty of space for the two of us and the apartment was very clean and tastefully decorated. The location was perfect for us and we used the frequent tram service from the end of the road to hop into town (10 minutes to Rembrant square, 18 minutes to central station). We never waited more than 5 minutes for a tram. The local shops were very good - bought nice cheese and bread for breakfast/lunch. Ate at Elsas on the corner twice and had great meals both times. Overall a nice cosy apartment in a safe leafy part of Amsterdam.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Grenoble France
Reviewed 8 November 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Jamaica
Reviewed 7 November 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Mario168
Toronto
“A Comfortable Residence a short distance from the historic centre”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Linnaeuss Suite provides excellent, modern and comfortable accommodation a short distance from the centre via tram or bike. The apartment has everything a guest could require, and provides complete privacy. The bedroom is comfortable with adequate closet space, the living room provides ample space to relax and the modern bathroom is superlative. There is also a kitchen nook behind a door that permits one to prepare breakfast. It contains a small fridge, espresso maker, toaster and all necessary utensils. Since the residence is not a full sized apartment, there is no washing machine.

The apartment is located in a lovely area with a nearby park, shopping, bakery cafes and restaurants. The apartment is easily reached by tram from Centraal Station. For those arriving and departing via the airport, there are two nearby train stations (still require a tram or taxi) that can be reached from Schipol Airport, eliminating the need to go through the central rail hub.

As an aside, some reviewers have noted the proximity of the nearby church, and hourly church bells, including at night. I'm a relatively light sleeper, but with the bedroom window closed I had no trouble sleeping at night.

The owner is helpful with guests, advising on nearby attractions, restaurants and logistics. She was most gracious and considerate. As friendly a welcome as one is likely to receive.

In sum, based on the residence facilities, the location and the welcome, I give LinnaeusSuite top marks. I plan on staying there again.

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing