All reviews the ground floor self catering the kitchen ship inn local pub lovely break apartment hotel weekend break tea and coffee dvd player excellent facilities french doors all mod cons left alone fantastic location a real gem beach towels
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Really great location so close to the beach. The owners are very friendly and dogs are welcomed in some of the suites (their website shows which).
The lounge/kitchens are well equipped and the hotel makes a great base whatever the weather. Our first visit was in February and the weather was bright but cold. The suite was a great place to warm up and chill out after a long walk along the headland. For this visit it was surprisingly warm for October and we were able to sit outside on the small patio.
Truly recommended.

Room tip: Check their website - all suites are well described
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We stayed in Suite 7 on a grey and often wet weekend, but the view was still wonderful. The location cannot be faulted. Despite the title, this is not a hotel, and all the better for it. These are self-contained self-catering units. We can only comment on Suite 7, but it had an exceptionally well-equipped kitchen - right down to the garlic crusher! - and a very comfortable bed. For most of the year, what more do you need? On a dampish, greyish late September weekend, a heated towel rail was a bonus. And did I mention the view? Minor niggles stop me from giving a rating of 'excellent' - the electric shower is below the standard of the rest. Lighting more stylish than useful. Squeaky floors - we were glad to be on the top floor. And getting ultra picky, based on a damp weekend's experience: a couple of hooks for damp coats would have been useful. But on the plus side the citrus colour scheme was a welcome relief from the all-pervasive seaside blues. And to say it was clean and comfortable sounds like damning with faint praise, but it's actually just praise. And did I mention the view?

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary D
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Spacious lounge area with well equipped kitchen facilities. Bedroom adequate but shower en suite a tight squeeze. Decor a little outraged and floors squeaky in the bedroom. Had to ask for breakfast croissants one day. Would have thought that hotel classification would warrant bin being emptied.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariabarnes
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Myself and two friends stayed in Suite 5 for the weekend when we were walking the Gower trail. The apartment was very clean and extremely well outfitted. It had everything you could need, including tea, coffee and milk all waiting for us.
Beautiful view of the coast and wonderfully warm!
The only down side is the in the second bedroom, the two twin beds are very narrow.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Absolutely charming. Port Eynon is a hidden gem and magnificent in it's beauty. I first visited here with my then boyfriend (who has since become my husband) seven years ago and we were camping up the road from the Culver House Hotel. Had no idea it was there. I wish we had. The apartment we stayed (number 6) in on this most recent visit to Port Eynon was more than adequate, it had all the amenities and milk, tea and coffee for when we arrived. The place was clean and airy, our young son had his own quaint little room with a balcony of his own as well as the main balcony outside. The view was unbeatable. The sun sleepily setting on the ocean was not only romantic but peaceful and calming, just what you need on a break from a hectic lifestyle. I am an insomniac and had the best night sleep in around 3 months in the comfortable warm and clean bed. Once my toddler has settled to sleep there was not a peep from him til morning. I can only assume he slept comfortably too. The large flat screen was equipped with Netflix, a nice addition I did not expect but made use of (my baby did not miss his Clangers episode after all). the hospitality with friendly and inviting, providing a DVD player for us on request. Laundry facilities would have come in useful if we were staying longer than 2 nights, as you get sandy and mucky mucking around on the sand. Recycling was also available. The only thing I'd say in the kitchen was a little cramped with not much counter space for preparation, but the kitchen was well stocked with dishwasher, microwave, coffee machine, sharp knives, cleaning products inc washing up stuff, tea towel etc. Specifically for the beach towels were provided also. A two minute trek to the beach was so convenient (especially if you forget something and have to pop back. Car park space perfect. I cannot stop raving about it. It is very expensive to stay here, but it has been our best break away that hasn't been camping. The local pub was great, the fish shop again, pricey but tasty and generous. We all loved it.

Room tip: Room six excellent for small families, requiring a view and balcony area for relaxing.
Date of stay: June 2017