All reviewshorse drawn carriageice roomski conciergeconcierge teampillow menutrain stationglass ceilingwelcome drinkfive star hotelfondue restaurantski roommiddle of townchurch bellsbreakfast buffetpiano playercheese fondueupgraded to a suite
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Great location and exceptional service. All hotel, restaurant, and lounge personnel really go out of their way for you. They truly enjoy their jobs and it shows. The higher end restaurant serves a fantastic 5-7 course dinner. Great pool and spa area

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location, Staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room was a good size, very clean and also enjoyed the spa/pool area which was very relaxing. Overall we had a wonderful stay here.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2017

the service is unbelievable. My room was cleaned extensively at least twice a day. The servers in all the dinning halls were kind and very good, after one day they new the exact number of people in my party, and where we preferred to sit and what we like to drink. on my first day i ordered two cappuccinos. At breastfed the next day a very pleasant young man placed two cappuccinos in front of me and asked if everything was satisfactory. I was so shocked that they knew after one day exactly what I wanted. i left my boots outside of my room overnight, by 6:00 in the morning they had been cleaned and polished for free. the spa in amazing, 1 sauna, 2 steam rooms, and one ice room, a huge pool with a water fall, gym, hot tube and full locker room. location is grate right on main street with all the shops. everyone on staff if fluent in Germain, English and French. honestly i couldn't think of anyway to improve this hotel. I look forward to the day when I can come back.

Room Tip: Ask if your room has a view of the Matterhorn, or if you prefer a room with an extra large deck.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank danloosigian
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I must apologise to the team in this hotel for such a late review; nevertheless I can't help but share what a lovely experience we had here.
We were welcomed in a lovely horse carriage pick up from the station, was really something very unique and enjoyable.
The room we had requested for was available but not with a Matterhorn view; so we asked if there is one available. They did have a regular room (a grade lower than we booked) with a view and the staff was kind to take us to both rooms and let us choose. We chose the one with the Matterhorn view because it was still as lovely as the superior room with all the amenities. They even brought all the complimentary products from the other room to this one and also added a bottle of lovely Haida wine from Valais as a special surprise.
The breakfast was elaborate with a lot of variety to choose from. Enough to get us charged for all the hiking during the day.
Being located at the centre of the town, it was very easy to go to all the places around including the trails. The concierge was really good at telling us the best routes to go on, how to make the most cost effective choices of travel etc.
Among other services, they have a nice little gym and a very large pool and hot and cold sauna which we loved very much.
Say cheese is the fondue restaurant here and we had the opportunity to have one dinner there with the lovely host Arlette who made sure we enjoy every bit of the meal. She made some special home recipes for us for truffle and also ended the meal with their home style relish with the bit of cheese in the fondue pot.
Zermatt is a beautiful place and if you plan a visit, this is the hotel to choose.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ramya N
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel is probably the best in Zermatt with great views of the Matterhorn. It has some lovely restaurants as well and an especially nice, heated indoor pool. The rooms are quite basic and old.

Where I would mark them down would be with regard to their restrictive bookings. They require people to book rooms for at least a week regardless of whether they are staying for that entire period or not. The room rates being very high per night, this adds an unnecessarily huge sum to your bill even if you are staying for a much shorter period. The management is extremely rigid with this rule.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family