2,254 results
All reviews hot chocolate train station rubber duck carrot juice great hotel breakfast buffet perfect location mini bar pedestrian zone little touches soft drinks funicular ride tea and coffee reception area few steps short walk to the lake would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

Great location in the city center Some rooms have Lugano Lake view
What even nicer and friendly is the personnel Always smiling finding a solution to your questions and with positive energy
Valentina is so helpful and all of them too
Hotel is not renovated but clean
You can customize your stay before you come ( your minibar your cushions your room temperature etc) I stayed 8 days and am planning to stay 7 days more ( because of my daughters summer school)

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Fontana-GM, Direttore generale at Lugano Dante Center Swiss Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having stayed at Hotel Lugano Dante and for having spent part of your precious time writing a review.

Our rooms have an old English style but for those who want a more modern look & feel, we are also able to offer some renovated Superior rooms, Junior Suite and Suites. We understand that our „look and feel“ may not meet every guest taste and for this reason we invite all our guests to have a look at the pictures on our website.
For your next stay, feel free to contact us directly: we will be happy to offer you another room category more suited to your needs.

At the same time we are so glad you appreciated our central location, the kindness of our staff and our several services.

Hoping to welcome you again at Hotel Lugano Dante,

Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed at hotel Dante over a long weekend in May 2015. I picked the hotel after reading all of the reviews and comparing different hotels. I was cautiously optimistic when we picked the hotel, but pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The main points:

1. The lobby is very spacious and a great place to unwind with a drink in the evening. The happy hours were also a nice touch. Plus there were a few games and a 'kids corner for my son.
2. The staff was super nice and showed us different rooms when we're not satisfied with the first one. I would suggest to go with the suite on the top floor. It's worth it.
3. The hotel is very child friendly. There was a rubber ducky in the sink when we arrived, plus numerous treats and stock of goodies at the bar. The breakfast also had all his fav foods.
4. The breakfast is pretty fantastic and worth the stay alone.
5. I know I mentioned the staff but will have to say again how great they were. My son made some markings on their beautiful chair. I informed the staff and gave them my details to send the bill. They took care of anything and sent me an email to let me know it was taken care of and not to worry. I really appreciated the follow up.

We enjoyed the stay very much. Just one tip, please be sure to ask the front desk to reserve the shuttle on your departure. They did not do this spontaneously and we didn't know about the service. It would save the price of the 40chf cab ride.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank saluki1
Fontana-GM, Direttore generale at Lugano Dante Center Swiss Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. We appreciated it very much!

We hope to welcome you very soon again at Hotel Lugano Dante.

Best regards

Reviewed 21 July 2015

From the moment we arrived at check-in we knew we were going to enjoy our 3 day stay. Entered our room to find chocolates on the bed, my husband opened the safe and found chocolates in the safe, this automatically puts a smile on your face. Then we go to the bathroom, and not to give the surprise away, we both couldn't stop laughing. Great choice of breakfast options. The hotel is situated in a quiet area and a 100 metre stroll to the piazza. We arrived by train and it is less than 10minute walk, with downward hills.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle J
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

Perfectly located all in walking reach. Nice and clean rooms and lot of things included in the room rate. Breakfast buffet top and of high quality - very friendly staff. No issues and problems at all - highly recommended for business and pleasure.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2015 via mobile

A lightening visit for work. I stay a lot in hotels and like to use the gym when I do. Checking the website before I left, I saw no sign of any such facilities and so did not take my stuff. Wrong move... Surely the existence of a gym could be mentionned on the website ( or less hidden if I missed it).

'Otherwise very friendly welcome. Twin room on top floor was quite, but quite tight altho all i needed.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Fontana-GM, Direttore generale at Lugano Dante Center Swiss Quality Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2015

Dear Brian1106,

Thank you very much for having stayed at Hotel Lugano Dante.

First of all, we like to thank you for your comment: your opinion is very important to us! Your suggestions help us to improve our service more and more.

We are sorry about the misunderstanding for the gym. In effect in our old website this information was missing, but now that we have a new version, you can find it on the page “service”. If you had phoned us before arrival, we could have given you the correct information regarding our partnership with a gym located near the hotel.

At the same time we are so glad you appreciated the kindness of our staff.

Hoping to welcome you again at Hotel Lugano Dante