“I dream of Italy and in my dream I am at...”
other traveller has booked this property
The Villa and the Pool The view from the Pool
Master Bedroom
Ground floor Double Bedroom
Bathroom
A bedroom with a view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Montesant...
Brooklyn, New York
“I dream of Italy and in my dream I am at Residence Vallemela”
Reviewed 7 April 2012 for a stay in September 2011

Our vacation in Italy was a dream come true along with the help of Agriturismo San Potente. We stayed at their Residence Vallemela, in the heart of the Apennine Mountains in Umbria. Such a beautiful view, is not enough to describe the experience of looking out over the mountain tops from our exquisitely renovated 15 century villa. To swim in the luxurious pool while watching the clouds skip across the mountain tops was not enough. The fireplace nearby completed our outdoor experience for cooking and dining poolside. I would clip off bits of the bushes of herbs growing on the property and place them next to the sausages or braciole to infuse even more complex flavor into whatever we were cooking. Add to that, some garlic drizzled with San Potente olive oil, Olio Extra Vergine Di Oliva, roasting over the fire! Buonissimo! When we were done eating, the kids played in the yard or swam in the pool and I enjoyed a glass of wine while painting small watercolors of the views around me and enjoyed the peacefulness. The apartment was so well attended to and the entire property so well managed it made it very easy to relax and feel like home. The area in Residence Vallemela is very quiet and comfortable, but so close to Sellano, where you can do all your shopping. At the bottom of the mountain there is a fresh mountain spring where we would go and get some delicious water. There was literally a spout coming right out of the mountainside. Such a great, and healthy, experience staying there. The wine, the food, the views, the Tonti family, La Familia Tonti, every aspect of our vacation was just about as close to perfect as you can get. Very anxious to get back there to Residence Vallemela! Oh, btw, Vallemela in Italian means "Apple Valley", on the property there are apple trees, as well as, plums, grapes, and a variety of herb bushes; rosemary, thyme, sage....a cornucopia!

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Family
Maria138
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“The secret jewel of Umbria, Italy”
Reviewed 1 December 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Lovely accommodations in peaceful olive grove but close to more places than you can visit in 2 weeks. All the people in Umbria were very friendly and costs were much less than Rome while the beauty and history of the area rival the capital. The ever changing light made every moment a foto op. Convenient shopping nearby including the best winery in area. We were lucky enough to be there during olive harvesting and got to enjoy olive oil from "our own" trees. sublime vacation!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: peaceful oasis just a step away from everything
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: With Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ontario, Canada

Reviewed 18 October 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing