See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2015

Some things are obvious from the photos and the reviews. The location is perfect for a getaway, and, yes, the breakfasts were delicious. But our long philosophical conversations with the proprietors were a real highlight for us. Friso Zomer and his wife are a thoughtful and caring couple from Netherlands, and have put a lot of work into this beautiful retreat, even down to the design of their business card. I would recommend a stay just for those conversations… but of course there’s much more on offer.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

This is a perfect place to chill, relax, and enjoy beautiful sightseeings. The room we stayed in was really big and had a wonderful view over the valley, the breakfast is delicious and the staff is warm, careful and pay a huge attention to details. They surprised us big time with a bottle of prosecco for my bday and a nice card with warm wishes. One thing to be taking into consideration: when arriving for the first time try to be there during daytime because the signs are not that visible during night.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 6 August 2015

The B&B Quintessenza della Vita is as its name suggests a most important essence of life. It is a must see, must do experience for your quality of life. This Family operated country estate has eight guest rooms; all beautifully decorated and each with its own large private bathroom. The views across the Siena countryside are tranquil and include vineyards and olive trees. Words can’t describe the surroundings so I will post some pictures. The personal service is outstanding and the breakfast included in the “B&B” is presented at your table … no buffet lines here. If you are looking for a very nice romantic escape, or even a family adventure, this is a great place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oilman1946
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Driving through the authentic Tuscan countryside and finding this absolute gem was probably the highlight of our roadtrip.
There aren't words to describe the marvelous eye for every detail that the owners have put in this B&B. The love for the region its products and their guests is tangible. I would very highly recommend this place to anyone who looks for any of the following: hospitality, authenticity, peace, tranquility, romance or just beautiful scenery. The breakfast is unequaled and the staff is wonderful. I can go on for ever to sing this place's praise.

Date of stay: August 2015
2  Thank joyce D
Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying in this Tuscan Vila. Surrounded by 7 other estates with working farms and vineyards it is beyond beautiful. There are animals all around including a badger which urged us to retreat to our rooms on a late night picnic. Florence took great care of us and serves most excellent coffee and a great breakfast. Florence sent me her instructions on how she makes her espresso and Americano for which I am very grateful. I agree with other posters that I am almost hesitant to tell other people about this gem, but that wouldn't be fair. We loved our stay!

Date of stay: July 2015