2,361 results
All reviews train station sister hotel minute walk old town arriving by train recommend hotel breakfast was excellent hotel is located lovely hotel the hotel staff coffee machine wonderful city piazza del campo pastries standard room nice room stayed here for one night
Reviewed 10 October 2016

For the traveller without a car this hotel could not be better placed for a lovely break in a beautiful Tuscan city. We flew to Pisa and took the train. 2 hours later we arrived at the hotel which is up 10 escalators from the station and then 50 meters down the road to the right. Perfect. Reception staff are efficient helpful and very pleasant. Rooms lovely and breakfast everything you could expect of a continental hotel. Everything within Siena city walls easily walkable and the views of the Tuscan countryside beautiful. Quite a contrast to Florence which is lovely but in a very different way. Would definitely recommend Hotel Italia and Siena lived up to expectations.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
hotel-italia-siena, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear CymraesCymru, thank you so much for leaving a review about us.
I am really happy that we have surprised you in a positive way and I know, Siena, the first time, is always so impressive ;-)
Thank you for the explication of our location, it will be helpful for future guests.
We are waiting for your next visit,

Reviewed 1 October 2016

This hotel is about 15 - 20 minutes walk to the centre of Siena. The reception staff were lovely and provided a map, it really is a straightforward walk so you won't get lost. The rooms were beautiful and spotlessly clean. If you need parking, remember to reserve this at the time of your reservation. Breakfast included parties, cold meat, cheese, cereal etc and also freshly made pancakes.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear A1ireview, thank you for leaving a review about us.
I am really glad that we impressed you in a positive way and you enjoyed your stay in Siena and at the Hotel Italia :-)
Thank you for the information about the parking, for sure it will be helpful for future guests.
We have a big hug ready for welcoming you here again soon,

Reviewed 29 September 2016

This hotel is in a great location, right near the Old City. The staff is friendly and helpful and we loved the lounge at the end of the day to have a drink. The rooms are clean and bright and the bathroom is terrific!

Room Tip: We had a corner room and liked it.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Dear Princess095, thank you so much for leaving a review about us.. actually, I love it!:-)
I am really happy that your holiday in Siena has been delighted by the choice of the Hotel.
Now that you find us, you have to come back soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Once our GPS actually found this hotel, we were glad to be there! Nothing fancy, but a very solid, well located hotel that answered all of our needs. The room was very nicely done, and the bathroom was very modern and very functional, a welcome sight for North American travellers. Staff was warm and inviting and the breakfast was delicious. The one odd part is the walk to the pool at a sister hotel, should you feel the need for a dip in warmer weather!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Many thanks for visiting Hotel Italia and for your kind review.
You'll always be very welcome here.
Kindest regards,

Federica Fiochi

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

After 6 hours on the motorcycle I was looking forward to a shower and lie down to recover before exploring Siena that night.

The hotel was fortunately easily accessible by motorcycle being a 3 minute walk outside the historical town so old streets didn't have to be negotiated. Parking was on-site so I had great expectations of a quick check-in so as to be into my room to peel off the riding kit.

Not to be unfortunately as a tour bus had just disgorged its contents with reception making the Italian parliament look positively organised.

Staff did their best and I was grateful that I only had to wait 5 minutes for my room key. Grateful that is until I discovered that it was on the 5th floor. At least there was a lift. Again that would have been OK except for it being the size of my suitcase and the aforementioned tour bus. 15 minutes later I was in my room. Thank the maker.

Fortunately it was all good from here on in. The minibar was well stocked, the room was spacious including the bathroom, breakfast was varied and plentiful, wifi actually worked and the ground floor bar always had a cold beer available when we returned from our day's motorcycling.

15 minutes by foot and you were in the central square with an unbounded choice of restaurants being available.

One note though was the room air-conditioning. It was not the best needing to be left on high to get the room down to a bearable temperature. A problem also experienced by my mate in the next room.

Still a small niggle in what was a good experience.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
many thanks for your kind review.
5 minutes with a group checking in before you is a good job! Unfortunately there is just one lift, I'm sorry you had to wait to get to the room.
About air conditioning I've checked and everything seems to be ok. I will keep an eye on it anyway.
Looking forward to welcoming you again, please accept my kindest regards.

Federica Fiochi, Hotel Manager