“Perfect peaceful holiday home”
other travellers have booked this property
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances
The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
The pool surrounded by gardens and enjoying a panoramic view of the tuscan landscape
The lounge with fireplace, log burner and leather furnishings
Master bathroom showing shower, wc and handbasin. Also contains washing machine.
Upstairs bedroom - en suite bathroom not shown
The lounge with full height patio windows
The dining area with exposed stone wall
The fully fitted kitchen
The panoramic view of the morning mist from I'l Granario's garden
Sunset over the pool!
The view from the gravelled patio showing the comfy chairs and glass topped table
I'l Granario from the patio area
Podere Torricchi - set in rolling Tuscan countryside
The covered gazebo surrounded by flowers - perfect for al fresco summer dining
The poolside terrace and gazebo
l'l Granario at night!
Garden view towards the West
The fabulous skyline of San Gimignano
Local vineyards
The beautiful sunset from I'l Granario's garden
Autumn mist over San Gimignano
View from San Gimignano
View of the Appenine Mountains from the Patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
jgc60
Karlsruhe, Germany
“Perfect peaceful holiday home”
Reviewed 4 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Firstly I must say how helpful Steve the owner was. From questions before the booking to questions about the Sky box when we were there.
Can't fault the house and the amenities. We were very lucky as the house connected to ours was the only one occupied during the 10 days we were there. I think it may get noisy if all the houses were occupied. The track to the house is exactly that.. 3km of a very bumpy road!!! Take it easy. Unfortunately, it wasn't warm enough to use the pool but it did look very nice.
We were able to visit all the main towns and hilltop towns, everything about an hours drive away. Suggestions Pisa - use the new 'Pisamover' driverless train and car park. Cost €1.50 per person and €1 to park the car. Florence - drive to Gallazzo (south of the town) and park in the new supermarket carpark and then take the bus €1.20 each way (36 / 37 /11). Just remember to buy the tickets in advance from a newsagent Tabac. Siena - we parked near the walled fort on the way to the football stadium, parked there for free.
Restaurants - went twice to the Molino d'Era 10 mins drive from house (excellent!). Twice too the L'campio (think that's right) (fantastic pizzas Montiaone, where the coop supermarket is. We always bought a carafe of the local wine which was always good and much cheaper than the bottles.
We took up Steve's recommendation for the wine tasting at Pietralta which was wonderful!! 10 mins drive with 8 tastings and ham, cheese and bread €8 each- Bought 12 bottles to take home!!
A very relaxing holiday. Only downside, there were 3 feral cats which meant you had to be quick to open and close the door and it was difficult eating and sitting outside without being troubled by them. A shame as the surroundings and views are fantastic.
Thank you for letting us stay.

7 Oct 2017
Dear Guest,
Thank you for you great review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the house and facilities and thank you for sharing so much useful information. I can use this to bring my guest information up to date (and try some of it out myself!). I am glad to hear you tried the local wine - much cheaper than bottles and often of a superior standard. I am really sorry to hear that you were troubled by the cats. They aren't owned by anyone and we often don't see them around the area for long periods of time. We know that some guests do feed them (which we don't encourage) and they will go back to where there's been sources of food (which are fewer out of the high season). They do serve a purpose in keeping other pests in check but I regret that they have proven to be a nuisance to you during your stay. I pleased to hear that despite this you had a relaxing stay and you will a welcome guest in the future. Very Best Wishes. Steve
DuggyLanc...
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Couldn't fault anything with regards to the booking process,communication with the owner Steve and the property. Very detailed driving directions and information regarding the rental and surrounding areas. Steve replies to queries immediately.
Extremely well equipped for self catering. Everything you would need for a comfortable stay, only thing I noticed that was missing is a full length mirror. Bed in the double bedroom was the comfiest of our trip. Water pressure excellent. Bathrooms and kitchen very clean.
Pool is large with a beautiful view. View from the garden of this property is slightly obscured by shrubs. The sunsets are incredible and the position of the complex and the pool is stunning. Bedrooms are air conditioned which I believe isn't true of a number of properties here, it was a god send for us as temperatures hit 40 while we were there and our son was ill.
Perfect stay, the only thing that would stop us from returning comes down to personal preference, it was a little too far from the main towns, around 15-20 mins from volterra and San gimignano. We were fully aware of this before hand but we would prefer to be closer to a town in hindsight. It didn't affect our stay, it really was perfect. Well positioned for visiting a host of towns and villages in Tuscany.

22 Aug 2017
Thank you for taking the time to review my property, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that the view was partly obscured, I do employ a gardener to keep the shrubs at a height where they afford you some privacy but without blocking the view but it sounds as though they have grown more quickly than expected. I will make sure that's dealt with immediately (I am visiting this week and have been promising to buy myself some hedge trimmers!). I am glad to hear that everything else was to your expectations, you are right, air conditioning is surprisingly rare in rental apartments, ours is one of only two that has it - at 40C you definitely needed it. Thanks for your comments about the service I provide and for being such lovely guests.
Warm regards
bythefire...
scotland
“A beautiful Tuscan home”
Reviewed 25 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This apartment is a true home away from home, with every comfort and convenience provided. The location is spectacular - you could never tire of those views and sunsets! Steve is a wonderful person to deal with, always replying promptly and fully and seems to go out of his way to ensure all his guests feel well looked after.
Everything is so well maintained - the grounds, the pool and of course the house. Great air conditioning, comfy beds and fantastic powerful showers.
Our son cried when we had to leave.....
THANK YOU Steve!

Your age range 35-49
22 Aug 2017
Thank you for your review. Yes, the views are spectacular, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed them as much as I do. I am also pleased to hear that the house had everything you needed, you know now why we love it so much too.....and yes, we cry when we have to leave!! Hopefully I will be able to welcome you back another time.
Warm Regards
dkdelamer...
Toronto, Canada
“Exactly what we hoped for!”
Reviewed 26 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Steve's place is fantastic and we had 5 amazing nights. He supplied plenty of great info for us to maximize our visit.

The location is easy access to so many beautiful villages and getting to Volterra is very simple. The place is stocked with everything you need and the views from the property are incredible. We had some stunning sunsets.

Highly recommended.

26 Jun 2017
Thank you for your kind review, I am thrilled that you gave me a 5 bubble rating and that you found the house "exactly that you had hoped for". You were fantastic guests - "exactly what I had hoped for" too!

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future,

Best Wishes

sharon j
Florida
“Lovely Christmas in Tuscany”
Reviewed 9 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The location of this farmhouse was perfect for us for Christmas week. We knew a lot of places would be closed so we needed a place to hunker down and enjoy the holiday. It is in central Tuscany area near San G and Volterra and we found it ideal for taking day trips to the surrounding areas. From the beginning Steve, the owner, stays very engaged in the booking process providing all the details to ensure that you have a perfect stay at his home. We got to enjoy having fires in the fireplace every night since we stayed during cold weather and plenty of wood was provided. The kitchen is small, but comes fully equipped with everything you would need to prepare all of your meals. What I hadn't expected was the spectacular views from the surrounding property. We could see for miles!! The stars were the brightest I had ever seen and the sunsets were absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend this property for anyone who wants to stay outside of town in a comfy home while visiting nearby San G, Volterra and surrounding villages.

Your age range 50-64
11 Jan 2017
Dear Guest,
Thank you for lovely review of your stay in I'l Granario. You were my first Christmas guests so i'm glad to hear that you found the house warm and cosy. Yes, the views are pretty amazing and with no night time light pollution the stars are an amazing sight. Thank you also for your complimentary comments about the support I provided - it was a real pleasure to have you stay in my home and you will always be welcome to return.
Warmest wishes
Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing