Hotel Repubblica Marinara
US$125
Priceline
Hotel Bristol(Tirrenia)
US$125
All reviewsthe busleaning towerpastriesmain townthe riverfree watertwo nightshotel is moderntea coffeethe main train stationroom was clean and comfortabledecent sizevisiting pisashort breakreception staffnice breakfastclose to the airport
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This hotel could be excellent and it would have got a better review hadn't it been for the noise.

The rooms are great the beds are comfy the facilities are great.
The bar and the food was really really good and the staff in the bar and restaurant are great.

Now the issue and this is a massive issue for me.

SLEEP - we was in room 422 (maybe) but it was directly above the restaurant this was extremely noisy, shouting from the kitchen and music until around 1:30am / 2am and then starts again for breakfast at 5:30am / 6am. unfortunately this ruined my stay and for that reason i wouldn't return.

Cheers

Room Tip: Avoid all ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Not far from the airport and even closer to the main train station. Friendly welcome from English speaking receptionist. Room basic but clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The whole hotel could do with a refurbish but was clean. Good choices at breakfast.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyh0lidays57
Reviewed 29 January 2018

We stayed in this hotel last summer, when we went to our room the door seems its been open forcefully before so we reported it to the front desk , they came to our room and checked,unfortunately they told us that they were full and no other room available as we have no choice but to stay since we dont know the place, we stayed there for 2 nights and every night we placed the chairs by the door as it scared us that somebody can just open the door plus with the kids it ended us a restless nights.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a week, we had two rooms - both were fine and individually decorated in a nice modern style.
The rooms were comfortable and had everything needed (including tea and coffee and of course a kettle!)
Rooms kept in a good condition and the staff very polite and helpful.
The hotel restaurant 'I Paccheri' bright and airy, great multi choice breakfast something to please everyone. The evening choice great also - one of the nicest steaks I have had.
If you do not have a car; as we didn't the bus stop is near the hotel and runs pretty regular €2 each way onto Pisa , walking is also an option if you feel like.
Only negatives are noise - aircraft overfly the hotel, regular ambulance sirens as the hospital is up the road and my room was above the restaurant and we were awoken most mornings by the rattle of the breakfast trolley below
A great hotel apart from some noise, maybe a different room would have changed that.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mahoochma
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Some of the hotel booking websites suggest that this hotel is in Central Pisa. It isn't.

It's also not four star, unless in Pisa, they have a system whereby each star is awarded for something that's wrong with a hotel.

In my room, the TV was screwed to part of an old wooden pallet which hung from the wall on two cup hooks. I presume that the look they were going for was 'shabby chic'. To be honest though, the result is more 'shabby' than 'shabby chic'. I guess it did sort of complement the white, 1980's furniture.

The water trickled from my shower rather than flowed, so I ended up rinsing my hair in the wash basin, which oddly had better water pressure than the shower.

Whilst I was washing my hair in the wash basin, a hotel employee barged into my room, completely ignoring the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door. It WAS almost 12.00, BUT we'd arranged a late checkout until 13.00.

When we came to check out, the receptionist's computers had all failed, so she was unable to produce a bill. She also gave the impression that she didn't really care too much whether it not I had enjoyed my stay.

Although this hotel is not terrible, it has more than a touch of the 'Fawlty Towers' about it. I've stayed in other hotels in Pisa on previous trips which are closer to the city centre, much, much better and which cost about the same. If you are visiting Pisa, I'd suggest trying those ones first.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business