All reviewsthe busfixed menuoverlooking florencefamily run operationcharming familyold world charmolive grovesglass of wineceiling fanpastamodern hotela wonderful place to staycommon areaswatch the sunsetwonderful viewquiet placeair conditioning
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

If you want a place that is restful and charming and to take in magnificent views of Florence then this is the place. The bus into town or to Fiesola is not an inconvience if you plan your activities. All attractions are close to the bus terminal. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. I would stay here again with no hesitation.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We spent four days in this hotel and it was like stepping back in time. The position is spectacular with lovely gardens and terraces overlooking Florence. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful especially when we had a problem with our car and they communicated with the garage as we didn’t speak Italian and the garage English!

We had copious laundry done for a very reasonable sum. We will be back!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Lovely hotel with lovely owners. I have a great memories, while staying there.
During our stay, we felt like we were in a museum. we enjoyed the atmosphere, the fresh cut flowers, the room we stayed in, the diningroom and also the breakfast was so good. The hotel itself has a great landscape.
The staffs were so helpful. They even provided us bus tickets. The last day in our way to the bus the owner, one of the nice ladies, gave us a ride to the bus station.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Sadly, I haven't been back for many years, but I have the fondest memories! I particularly remember one Christmas when I was staying at Bencistá for some peace and quiet and my parents and family were staying in town. The owners of Bencistà suggested that my family - although not even guests of the pensione - should come up and spend Christmas with them and the other guests at Bencistà, and it was a truly wonderful day. I hope to be back sometime soon.

I know I didn't really stay there last year, but I wish I had.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Room With A View".
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Stantonamarlberg
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Great atmosphere, rooms, large patio with views over Florence and the surrounding landscape...and kind/attentive staff. Gentle dogs, easy bus to Florence (park your car and leave it there)..nice dining room. A bus ride up the hill to Fiesole is also recommended Overall a joy! and we cannot wait to return (Swedes and Americans both)!

Stayed: October 2017