See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

There is nothing I can complain about and I am a fault finder. The place is really a 10 minute walk away from Santa Maria Novella. It's also really clean, even the bathrooms are clean and Massimo, the host, was incredibly helpful. He always went out of his way to make my stay more pleasant. He even remembered my birthday which I completely forgot about! Definitely value for money in an expensive place like Florence.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here 5 years ago and now again - it was clean and in a great location to get around Florence. It's nearby a big Market and just a short walk to the Duomo and other sites. There is no air conditioning and as its on the top floor, is very hot in the summer, but they accommodated us and brought in a second fan. No kitchenette, just a basic room with a bathroom, but clean and easy to get to from the train station (10 minute walk). Nice budget stay.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 11 November 2015

I have stayed here with my sister for 2 nights. The host is really nice that always be helpful and kind for us. Also, it is not a far way from the train station to the hostel, by approximately 10 mins walk. The rooms are clean and with simple breakfast. Most importantly, the price of the room is reasonable. I I would highly recommend to those budget planning travelers.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2015

All things considered probably the best place I've stayed in a long time! Massimo is very friendly and very professional! He gave us some very good suggestions on places to see and restaurants/pubs to try. I'm a vegetarian and he was considerate enough to tell me about places that would suit me. Highly recommended!!! :)

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

This is basically a room in a flat that has been divided in to separate bedrooms. The walls are very thin and you can hear people coming and going all throughout the night - the latch on the front door is SO loud! No air conditioning and the towels were in a poor condition with rips etc. we had the 'ensuite' room which was basic and had glass blocks which went in to the other bathroom so the light could be seen through at night. The host was nice but only around at certain points in the day so if we had any questions we wouldn't have known where to go. The images show a welcome tray which wasn't provided and although it talks about being a b&b no breakfast was offered. To get to the hostel you had to walk down a very dodgy looking street out of the town which I wouldn't suggest for any single female travellers. For the price we paid we were expecting a little more but only stayed 2 nights so it wasn't such a disaster.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susannah F
PrimaverainFlorence, Proprietario at Soggiorno Primavera, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Dear Susannah
thank you so much for your review. As you know it is always important for us to know what the people think about our place and our job.
We would like to reply to some points that you stress.
First: yes our B&B is an apartment where we have 5 bedrooms, we are not an hotel. In the building there are a flat where private family live. About the noisy of the others guests we ask always to all of our guests to be quiet when they come back at night and they use the shared bathrooms (you know not all the people are the same, sometimes the roommates can be a little noisy), we are sorry for this and we will continue for sure to say to the guests to be quiet in particular during the night and when they use the bathroom where there is the light that you can see from your ensuite (we always say to the guests to turn off all the lights in the bathrooms when they are not inside).
Second: there is no air conditioned in our place, correct; but it is very clear in the general information about our property; in the room there are two big fans and it is write; the towels was in poor conditions? This is strange, we check the towels every times when we clean the rooms and we change it if they are old (why you didn't say us anything about this matter during your stay with us?, you can find me, Massimo, every morning; sometimes in the afternoon it is possible you can't see me because I am not in the office, in particular when all the people are just arrived and I have to do something outside, anyway you can always reach me by phone or by e-mail or you can leave me a message on the table in the reception);
third: your room rate didn't include the breakfast (it is possible to have it for a little extra price and anyway in the corridor near the fridge there are free coffee and tea)) and we will not provide any welcoming tray, sorry; the image is for a self service breakfast when the people ask us for it. But we will improve about this;
fourth: we are just 10 minutes easy walking from the central train station which is in the centre of the city, we think it is not a big walk, every day we make this for to go to take a tram or for to go in the centre, but we know everything can be subjective, also the distances.
Wow! and thank you because at the end we are happy not to be a disaster :-)
Anyway thank you again to stay with us and we hope that you loved Florence.
A big hug from Massimo and Marisa