All reviews honesty bar four poster bed quiet street florentine style enjoyed our stay a great place to stay b and b within walking distance great recommendations train station tea coffee first floor visit florence main sights nice breakfast an easy walk major attractions
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Great little B&B in a quiet location but still walking distance to main areas. The staff there are fantastic. Room was super clean. Feels like a Italian home. In fact its located in a residential building, in the same building as the the Sweden consulate. Next door is a kindergarten and they start outdoor play around 9AM.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

Dear guests from Hong Kong,

we thank you for your kind review and are glad you felt at home here with us.
Thank you for choosing our residence for your florentine days, after crossing some kind of 1 third of the planet. Please feel welcome to come back and visit us!
Our warmest regards for a lovely summer
from all of us at Johanna I

Reviewed 24 May 2016

First time for me to stay in such a place, an old classic building with high ceiling and all. Something went wrong with my booking online - found out upon our arrival that it was not confirmed yet. But good thing is that the one who attended to us (I believe it was Luca) exerted an effort to find a room for us (me, my wife and son) and he got one. He was very accommodating and patient enough to see what happened to our online booking. He also was quite helpful in telling us the restaurants to go to - one of which was Nasone which is just very near the residenza. The restaurant's staff are also very nice. It would have been ideal to get billeted in a residenza near the central area like the Duomo, Santa Croce but the distance between the Residenza Johanna 1 and the attractions was not an issue because everything was pretty much within walking distance. Getting inside the nice building where Residenza Johanna is, evokes nice feeling with grilled gates, a courtyard, a huge tree within before finally entering the Residenza. It feels like old world, classic and something that is very much Firenze. I love it. I want to stay there again.

Room Tip: room facing the street is good; affords a chance to observe people doing their daily chores
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Dear guests from Manila, Filippine,

thank you very very much for your generous words - we are glad we found a place to accomodate you in our residence and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hoping to welcome you again soon we are sending you our warmest regards for a lovely summer
from Luca and all the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed 19 May 2016

The room was airy and very quiet and peaceful. Just what was needed after a day in bustling Florence. The staff are very helpful and little touches like the free tea & coffee / cake were much appreciated. The Residenza Johanna 1 is an easy 10 minute walk from the centre of Florence in a nice neighbourhood. Would definitely stay again

Room Tip: Room 6 was very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Dear guests,

thank you heartedly for your beautiful words and appreciation and your peaceful and kind presence in our residence - it was our pleasure meeting you and would be glad to welcome you here again.

Until then we send you our warmest regards for a lovely summer
from all of us at Johanna I

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at Residenza Johanna I and its sister hotel on an impromptu return to Florence. Luca and his staff were beautifully attentive, helpful and truly charming - even relocating my luggage for me between hotels. This is a very homely and lovely little
Place to stay, just away from the tourist crowds but within easy stroll of the centre and some lovely, local bars and trattorias. Thank you Luca!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Marigold999
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear guest from Sydney, Australia,

it was our pleasure being your home in Florence and we thank you for your kind words and attention.
We do hope to see you again and until then we send you our warmest regards for a lovely winter down under!

From Luca and all of us in Johanna I

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Residenza Johanna 1 is a great place to stay in Florence. It's walking distance to most of the famous attractions as well as restaurants, stores and banks. What made the stay so special was Johanna's staff. Luca and Rosa were so welcoming and helpful, full of great recommendations for restaurants and areas of Florence that most tourists would likely miss. We would definitely stay there again. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Our room was facing the kindergarten next door which might matter if you sleep during the day.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2016

Dear guests from Oakland, California,

thanks a lot for your so generous words – it’s a pleasure knowing you had a lovely time here with us and we are grateful to you for your visit. So feel yourself much welcome to comeback when you’re next in Florence!

Until then, we send you our warmest regards for a lovely summer
From Luca, Rosa and all of us at Johanna