2,560 results
All reviewsgreat hotelminute walkpollogood sizewelcome drinkrecommend this hotelhotel barthe hotel stafftrain stationvery pleasant staybreakfast staffpastriesour honeymoonmain attractionswould definitely stay here againclean hotelstar hotel
Reviewed 15 July 2016

I arrived at Hotel San Gallo after spending 17 days Cagli, in a small alpine town near the Eastern coast of Italy, for a study abroad experience. I had been with a roommate the entire time and was looking forward to my own room. I also anticipated the prospect of soaking in a tub, as privacy was limited and my roommate and I only had a shower in our small apartment. When I checked in, I noticed the room had a shower. I kindly asked for a room with a tub and was upgraded to a room with a tub AND private terrace, at no extra charge to me. Staff were incredibly responsive and very helpful in giving me directions and helping me navigate Florence. I enjoyed my time there so much that I ended up extending my stay for two additional days. I highly recommend Hotel San Gallo Palace!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelSanGalloPalace, Direttore at San Gallo Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Dear Aimee E,

First of all we would like to thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your Florence stay.
It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you had an overall positive impression of our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon to our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2016

The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The air conditioning worked great! Our room had a balcony. Our room also had a tub and shower. Great bar area to watch television or just to hang out.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear 1Ane,

Thank you for choosing San Gallo Palace and for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

We are thrilled to hear that you loved the hotel and found our staff to be noteworthy.

It makes us very happy to receive such nice reviews from our guests so thank you sincerely for highly recommending our hotel!

Thank you once again for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon at your home in Florence.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2016

We stayed at the San Gallo Palace for three days and we loved the property. We arrived from the Cinque Terra at the train station in Florence; it’s a nice 20-minute walk to the hotel. It’s a quiet area, a wonderful place to get away from the crowds down in Florence. Immediately you are greeted by a professional staff, provided a card for a welcome drink at the bar and provided restaurant recommendations and tourists attractions for the area. We walked to all the different attractions and it was enjoyable. The rooms are in excellent condition; Wi-Fi is stable and fast and the breakfast buffet is a great way to begin your day. The staff that works in the breakfast buffet are the most attentive that I have seen in over 30 years of travelling. The hotel recommended Ristorante Pizzeria Il Clarinetto for an evening meal; we enjoyed the restaurant so much that we had all three evening meals there. This was our first trip to Florence, but we will return and we will make San Gallo Palace our home again. Excellent job!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Bruce,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment,

We are delighted to recive all this beautiful feedbacks from all the stucture and staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to your new house in Florence very soon and thanks again from th entire team at The San Gallo.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Wonderful and kind staff at this small, quaint Florence Hotel. Certainly worth the rates, good location, with lovely morning meal included.

Thank you for your extra care and concern...we enjoyed our stay...
Anne and David Zimbler

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Anne & David,

Thank you for your recent visit at The San Gallo and taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor, your feedback is very important for us.

It has been a pleasure having you with us and we are delighted that we were able to make this Stay a very special.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The San Gallo very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights.
Overall quite impressed. Hotel itself is rather small, but good size room with good amenities, very nice and clean. Breakfast buffet was above average and service was very good.
Looks like close to a lot of attractions. But we did not have a chance to explore because we arrived late the first night and there was a group function on the second night.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
HotelSanGalloPalace, Direttore at San Gallo Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear Tibet Visitor,