“My favorite place to stay in Florence!”
other travellers have booked this property
ceramic shop in the courtyard Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The Master Bedroom
ceramic shop in the courtyard
Dining Room
Dining Room
kitchen
Half Bathroom
Terrace
Elevators
Street
Street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Drue P
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“My favorite place to stay in Florence!”
Reviewed 31 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Florence is a wonderful city, but finding just the right place to stay can be tricky. I think this little apartment near the Ponte Vecchio is optimal, and there are several things that I love about it. First this apartment is owned by a very nice family who also owns the ceramic shop located in the courtyard. Mery Barrasso is a charming hostess. The apartment is clean. It's not luxurious, but it has everything you will need -- dishes, stove, oven, coffee maker, clothes washer, table, chairs, beds, tv, wifi, a balcony. There's a grocery store near by and the best gelato in all of Florence -- Gelateria della Passera -- is just around the corner. I also like the security -- two locked gates before entering the stairwell to the apartments. I believe there are four apartments available to rent from Mery. On my most recent visit, I rented two apartments -- the Ponte Vecchio and the Machiavelli. Perfect for our stay. We had four people in each apartment, but could have put eight in each -- we were on a school trip and needed to separate boys and girls. All linens are included and the price is reasonable. I have read other reviews that say the area is noisy, but trust me -- I have stayed in three different locations in the center of Florence and this apartment located oltrarno is no noisier than any other location in the center. We had a lovely stay in Mery's apartment. We cooked breakfast to save money and we washed our clothes, which was much needed at that point in our journey. This apartment is an excellent place to stay in Florence -- give it a try, you won't want to book a hotel the next time you come to Florence.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleanliness of the apartment and the kindness of Mery Barrasso, the hostess.
Liked least: There wasn't anything not to like.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
cybee
South Dakota
“Great stay in Florence”
Reviewed 5 December 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Mery owns several properties here, and we were most delighted with Mery and our stay in Florence! We were a group of six. We had three bedrooms. One had three twin beds (albeit we only needed two, but the third bed was convenient for placement of our luggage and such) in one room, two in another and a queen (?) size bed in the third room. This third room overlooked the courtyard and has a balcony that extends to the kitchen which similarly faces the courtyard. I loved to sit out on the balcony in the morning with my cup of coffee and cornet from the bakery across the street. We were there during an unusually hot spell….and so as there is no ac, it was a bit of a challenge. There are fans which help a lot. The other two bedrooms look out on the road which can be bustling during the day but settles down after awhile. There may be some noise issue if the windows are left open.There was decent wifi for us throughout but we were in the unit with the router so that helps. The communal area is not very large but sufficient for our needs. There is a table to work on (or eat on) in the communal area as well. There are two bathrooms, small but sufficient. The kitchen is great (also has a table where one can dine). It is not fancy but has its charm and one feels a part of Florence. Of course, the location can not be beat. I do recommend it. Mery is most helpful and charming. I have fond memories of our stay at this location (which also is the location where Machiavelli lived. Perhaps not the building but the location as I believe the building itself no longer exits.)

Travelling group: Extended Family
robin0712
Berlin, Germany
“Very nice Appartment in a great location”
Reviewed 19 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

The Appartment was very spacious and in a great location. It was very tidy. Mary was a great host, giving us much information.

Travelling group: Erweitertem Familienkreis
PaulKir
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Ideal flat for Florence”
Reviewed 13 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This is the perfect base from which to explore Florence. It's a stone's throw from everything you need to see, just down the road from the Ponte Vecchio. Mery is also a wonderful hostess and we always felt looked after while we were there. Everything in the flat was comfortable and we had no problems while we were there. I would definitely go back for another holiday if I could.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Blondecat...
Brisbane, Australia
“An amazing Gem”
Reviewed 18 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

What a lovely place. So close to everything and very clean. Having 2 toilets was great in the mornings.3 generous bedrooms, TV nook, dining room and entrance area, Kitchen and Main bedroom led out onto a balcony which was lovely in the evenings. Supermarket barely a 2 min walk around the corner. 2 mins to the Ponte Veechio Bridge and a 25 min stroll to the Leather Markets(including browsing stops of course) Post Office less than 10 mins walk.
Our host was so lovely and helpful and her ceramics studio is on the ground floor which has many wonderful items.
We had a lovely time and felt like we were at home. I really want to stay there again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The space
Liked least: nothing I can think of
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing