1,991 results
All reviews il perseo train station great location third floor bell tower church bells stay there again family room within walking distance hard boiled eggs pastries central location small lift the hotel staff museum reservations by european standards two blocks
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed in perseo from 2nd to 5th june.
Pros- walking distance from all attractions, in the main area, helpful front desk
Cons- the hotel starts from 3rd floor so you have to drag all your luggage up three floors. They don't have a porter.We
There is no parking space outside the hotel as it is in the main tourist area.
The rooms are painfully small especially when u have kids.
Average breakfast.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank swetanirvaan
trvlbug63, Proprietario at Hotel Perseo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our location. To be fair, I think the reader should understand you booked an economy double room for 2 people. You also don't mention we have a lift that takes you to the 3rd and 4th floors where all but one of our rooms are. There is no parking permitted on the streets in any of the historical centres of Italy, unless you are a resident. This is why we have organised an external valet carparking service.
Happy safe travels everyone
Louise

Reviewed 12 August 2016

After a rather tumultuous drive from Turin down to Florence, the staff at the Hotel Perseo greeted us with open arms. They were incredibly friendly, helpful to my husband who had a badly cut hand, and carried all of our luggage to the room.

The location literally cannot be beat--it is in the heart of Florence a minute walk away from the Duomo--yet, the room we had was incredibly quiet, overlooking the rooftops of downtown Florence. The breakfast was quiet good (nothing too elaborate, but more than I was expecting). And the room, while small, was pretty much what we expected--I mean being in downtown Florence, we weren't spending much time in the room! They stored our luggage for us while we waited for our train on our last day, and answered all of our questions (we were a little nervous about train travel in Italy, but the staff put us at ease). This is also a spectacular deal for the location--probably the cheapest accommodation of our trip, but the absolute best service and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2016

The hotel is located on a central, busy street - you'll pass this hotel walking to the Duomo from Firenze S.M. Station. So, depending on why you are in Florence, you may really like the location, or not.

I was on my way to Matera, and stopped for a night in Florence to meet some friends. My friend and her husband had travelled from Mexico to Florence for a holiday. They were staying at the wonderful Hotel del Corso. We brought gifts for each other. So after lunch, I took my friends to Hotel Perseo, to get the gift that I brought for them. The staff yelled to my friends, "You cannot go to the room. Guests only!". It was very odd, and quite surreal. I don't mind to be told discreetly and I don't like complaining about hotels on Tripadvisor - but really, no need to be rude to my guests. Anyway, they must have a reason for this.

I then left my friends in the lobby and got them their gift from my room. We then went to their hotel and hang out in their room - no problem.

Staff at check-out was great (male, also in charge of the buffet breakfast it seemed).

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
trvlbug63, Proprietario at Hotel Perseo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about my hotel. I am sorry you felt I was rude, to be honest I don't think I was.You arrived early we were able to check you in straight away. In Italy is is illegal to have non registered guests in the hotel rooms, to do so they must leave their passposts at reception.( You will remember me taking your passport details at check in) This is a security measure for everyone staying in the hotel, including yourself. It is nothing personal, it is just the law. You did not ask me if your friends could come to the room, you collected your key and started upstairs. When I stopped you, you said your friend " only wanted to use the bathroom", I simply offered the bathroom down the hall. As I recall you sat in the TV room chatting for a while without any disturbances. I would have gladly explained it to you at the time if you had asked.
I hope I have been clear and I am glad you found my other staff members helpful.
Happy safe travels everyone
Louise

Reviewed 5 August 2016

The hotel has a lift and the rooms are a bit spartan, but comfortable beds and hot water. The staff was exceptional. They even sent out our laundry. A great breakfast spread, and wonderful restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2016

We stayed here recently for our honeymoon and had an amazing stay. Hotel is central to much of Florence and our room had an amazing view of the tower bells nearby. All of the staff were extremely helpful and prompt, whom made our stay extra special. We highly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple