“Enjoy a Stunning View of the Duomo from Your...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
ladolcevi...
Santa Barbara, California
“Enjoy a Stunning View of the Duomo from Your Stunning Apartment!”
Reviewed 1 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Asso's Place is an absolute "wow"! Not only are you conveniently located literally steps from the historical center and major sites of Florence in a secured building (with an elevator!) but you'll enjoy this luxurious and oh-so-tasteful apartment. Every detail has been carefully chosen ensuring that you will want for nothing. Your gracious host, Piero, will even leave you an excellent bottle of local vino to enjoy!
And as your host, he will meet you upon arrival, familiarize you with all of the amenities and, upon request, provide invaluable information and tips about his native Florence.
You simply couldn't ask for more!

3 Jun 2018
Hi Victoria, thank you so much for your kind words.
This is my second year and I am relatively new to this activity. My plan is to try and improve every year, every day the apartment and the overall experience my guests will have when they stay at Asso's Place. The beginning is encouraging as are your comments. All the best, Piero
Paradocs0...
Miami, Florida
“Magnificent apartment and owner. Would stay again anytime!”
Reviewed 5 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

We stayed at Piero's apartment for 5 nights in March '18 with 2 adults and 2 children (ages 6 and 2), and were impressed from the moment we arrived. Piero greeted us with wine in the fridge, and gifts for the children. He remained available throughout our time in Florence for questions and travel tips. The apartment is spotless, spacious, the beds are very comfortable and the view of Il Duomo is as impressive as in the photos. Very quiet at night, when the view is even more captivating. A small washing machine helped us pack a little lighter for an 11 night trip through Italy.

The location is convenient for walking to anywhere in Florence, and the train station is a short cab ride away. Plenty of options for a quick breakfast or a fancy dinner nearby. Piero has a list of recommended restaurants, don't miss Acquacotta for a fantastic dinner.

There was some construction underway on the building during our stay, with scaffolding over one bedroom window, but the apartment is still spectacular.

Kitchen area has room for 6 people to sit and drink coffee, or go outside on the terrace and enjoy the view.

Check in and check out were easy, Piero was there to welcome us and came back when we were leaving to help with bags and collect the keys. The elevator makes it easy to handle luggage.

Book now, you've found your apartment in Florence!

10 Apr 2018
Dear Eric, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great and comprehensive review. You touched many parts of the apartment and of the experience I am trying to offer my guests. It's pleasing to see that you enjoyed the view, and by the way the scaffolding outside one bedroom will soon be gone, the balcony, the kitchen and dining room. Also you captured the essence of my work : continue to improve the apartment, its amenities and the information to help my guests enjoy Florence as much as possible. As a family you have been perfect hosts and I would really like to see you again in the future. Thank you.
Tom F
Sherborn, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Location , Apartment and Owner”
Reviewed 26 January 2018 for a stay in September 2017

A beautiful apartment beneath the Duomo , formerly the owners father law offices .
Location is outstanding for visiting Florence , great furnishings and security . Very
helpful owner . Highly recommend it . Would stay again !

26 Jan 2018
Thanks Tom,
much appreciated and hope to see and your family again. The apartment has been further improved since you visited. New air conditioning and works on the facade and balcony. All the best,
Piero
Andrew T
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“The host with the most!”
Reviewed 23 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The apartment was excellent and just as shown in the photographs. It was clean, extremely comfortable, spacious, well-furnished and well-equipped with just about the best location you could wish for. It was wonderfully quiet inside and stepping out of it into the heart of Florence always came as a bit of a shock. However, it was Piero who made it special for us. I had a bit of a health scare which developed as we were travelling. He rang the hospital for us and when I had to go for an ultrasound scan the next morning, he arranged for a taxi to take us to the clinic. He even offered to meet us at the clinic to translate for us. He's a real gentleman with a beautiful apartment. I can recommend it wholeheartedly and would never think of going anywhere else when visiting Florence.

25 Sep 2017
Jen, many thanks for your kind words. They are even more important because this is my first year in short time rental. I have learnt from you that the apartment is also a good base to visit other cities by train or bus , in Tuscany (Pisa, Siena) or even Bologna. I hope to see you again in the future. Piero
BennFamil...
New York
“Amazing place in the center of Florence”
Reviewed 26 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Asso's place in surely the place to stay in Florence. My husband , son and son's friend (college age) stayed in mid August. Honestly, we don't do a lot of VRBO or Airbnb but It was more than I could have hoped for and I'm pretty picky about where I stay. I poured over reviews for weeks and decided on Asso's Place

1. The owner is kind and helpful. He gave us great information to navigate Florence.
2. Asso's place is clean, spacious with enough room for everyone and all the amenities of a home away from home. + air condition which was needed for the hot days we were there. I also appreciated having the washer.
We arrived to clean sheets and towels a beautiful, living space and basics to get us started before we made it to the grocery .. which is around the corner.
We didn't cook much, but used the kitchen a bit to warm leftovers.

3. The pictures you see posted by others are exactly what you get and everything is well maintained. The flat has charm and great furniture..I think Peiro is a bit of an antiquer. The views of the Duomo from the small terrace and from the windows at night are truly magical.

4. Close to everything! Duomo around the corner, Ponte Vecchio and Uffize around other corner. Restaurants and shops galore. Most things are within a 5 to 10 minute walk if not closer. Even across the water is only 15/20 min walk.
One note.. church bells ring from the cathedral early in the morning and late at night... but I see it as part of the charm of the location.
PS you can look at our othe reviews about tours and visits around Florence that might be helpful.

Perio.. thank you for an amazing stay. It was our first time to Italy and Florence, and I will say one of our best trips thus far in our travels and havinsg a clean and comfortable place to stay was a big part of that.
I hope you continue the great work on you place and we look forward to visiting again.

27 Aug 2017
Dear Monica,
Many thanks for your kind words. This review is very encouraging and not only I will continue to improve the apartment but also the information and tips for my guests. There are more ways to visit Florence and I look forward to make Asso's Place become a base for always new discoveries in Florence and in the area.Thanks again, Piero
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing