1,456 results
All reviews rooftop restaurant sea view indoor pool sicilian specialities hotel has a great location turn down service top floor breakfast room room was large luxury hotel per day narrow streets hire car breakfast was excellent breakfast is served old city pastries
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We paid £150 for one night here. We arrived at 10.30 am intending to leave our baggage then see the town until check in time. The helpful receptionist said that our room was ready and we could have it. This was very helpful given the heat. Our room was large and spacious and well appointed. We had a good view from our window of the bay. If we had paid the full £280 I would have been jumping up and down with anger. The furnishings were a bit tatty, scratches on the floor, the air conditioning didn't really work and the plug in the bathroom wash basin was stuck. Fine breakfast though.

Room tip: Be nice to the staff.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Stayed for 2 weeks in September 2017. Excellent Hotel. Excellent room very spacious, lots of storage space with 2 full sized wardrobes. Daily cleaning service was brilliant and nothing was to much trouble. Bathroom was large and had everything supplied. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was plentiful and a wide choice of dishes available. Rooftop bar was OK but only used it once. Leisure facilities are very good. Lots to do around and about and close to Duamo Square. Very good restaurants around the hotel with a wide variety of foods available. Good market in Ortega and very colourful.
Would stop here again and would highly recommend the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 13 May 2018

This is certainly not a 5 star hotel . The first room that I was shown -a single room-was very small with a VERY narrow single bed .i asked for a upgrade and for 40euros was offered a double room but was told that it might be a bit noisy . I fell asleep at 11.00 pm but was then by incredibly loud music and conversation from the restaurant below The room had become a torture chamber, it was impossible to sleep.in my pyjama I went down to reception at 1.00am and I was given another room by the very pleasant young receptionist.This was a lovely room. Quiet and with a lovely sea view—but why was I not given this room in the first place and not at 1.30 am ?? Furthermore I was NOT charged the 40 euros extra. However all the public rooms in the hotel are rather sad including the reception. The rooftop bar does have a lovely view but does not serve lunch only an expensive bar menu . My stay was NOT a happy experience

Room tip: Make absolutely sure that you do not have an interior room overlooking the courtyard. They are torture chambers
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Better service and facilities at a chain motel. The dirty and well worn lobby door mat served notice to me that this hotel has seen better days and was best avoided. Sadly my inner spider sense voice was overwhelmed by the need for a rest after a long road trip.

Was promised a double room and given a queen bed. Room washroom shower door needing repair. AC is minimal.

The real fun begins when requesting room service. Menu page was missing from room guide and after 3 phone calls and 2 visits by confused staff (English is not understood well here) I had to go down to front desk in person to get it. That exercise was 10 minutes. Room menu is very limited such as salads and appetizers.

Pool attendant was rude, but to be fair the front desk staff tried to be helpful but are obviously in over their heads. This hotel needs to closed down (or shot) and refurbished. Way over priced but the great Med view lets management get away with this Autostrade (highway) robbery.

Next time it's Motel 6!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank trevortoronto
Reviewed 6 May 2018

The location is excellent but the hotel is not getting proper attention. Our balcony doors would not lock and blew open everynight with the wind. They never fixed it. The elevator didn't work and they didn't fix it. House keeping was not to be seen and the one service person we saw was spraying air freshener in the hallways and lobby it appeared in lieu of really cleaning. The hotel room was dirty. At breakfast we were never greeted. It was a buffet. I think at one time it was a nice hotel but seems to be undergoing financial stresses with no clear management leadership keeping things in order. Hopefully new mgmt or ownership will bring it back. It has potential but we would not recommend staying here until that has been proven.

• Trip type: Travelled with family