See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2014

Hotel Orleans is a fairly difficult place to get to. I used the taxi (and got ripped off), the bus (and was pick-pocketed).. Fortunately the subway worked OK for me and once a kind Palermo person showed me how to use the ticketing system it worked fine.
Unfortunately the hotel is not manned for most of the day, which is very inconvenient, especially when you arrive after a long trip. This was especially annoying as I tried to make some arrangements with them via email prior to arrival but there was not a lot of helpful response. Also if something goes wrong (like the internet stops working, there is no-one there to help you). Rooms are spacious and clean, but I would not suggest walking around after dark as I dont think it is so safe. There is a nice supermarket around the corner.

Not my best experience of Italy over the years.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

The hotel is cca. 20 min. away from the main station, a little bit tough to find, but nice for the price. There was no staff to receive us so they told us through intercom that we take the key to our room ourselves.
The room was average, averagely clean but they left the window open and a looot of mosquitos were spending the night with us, bring some protection.
The breakfast was nice, staff ok, overall for the price, ok.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2014

Very nice, comfortable,clean and friendly B&B.
Easy to get to from the airport. Metro to Orleans, and it is about 5 mins walk away.
We both loved the area, very working class. workshops cutting glass for doors and windows,and family life on the street.
Staff were waiting for us as we had told them what time we would arrive, daytime staff have little English but our Italian was good enough for them. The young woman that works in the afternoon and evenings has very good/near perfect English. They were all as helpful as it was possible to be.
Room was large, overlooking the courtyard/garden breakfast room. Breakfast was adequate, croissant,brioche,jam,honey and very good coffee. Like almost all of Italy and France, the "juice" was weak and rather odd.
Bed was large,clean and comfortable. The room was fine and the bathroom was superb, everything worked well.
We really enjoyed our week in Hotel Orleans and intend to return for our New Year break.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden are the best
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The rooms are big and the hotel is absolutely comfortable. The staff makes you feel like you're at home, Carmelo is fantastic!
The neigborhood is not nice, but Palermo is just like that, and if you're looking for an acommodation near the university, Hotel Orleans it's probably the best choice. Of course I cannot forget mentioning the coffee: it's italian!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Hotel Orleans in Palermo is an absolute dump. The staff are rude, incompetent and cannot string a sentence together in English. From the moment I arrived I was treated with contempt and as though my business was simply not good enough. Wifi is weak, breakfast was stale and when I asked for a taxi for an early morning flight, they FORGOT to book the taxi and I ended up missing my flight! Do not stay here, it is an absolutely appalling place to stay. It is so far away from the city centre, no places to eat and situated right in the middle of the slums! Do yourself a favor and don't waste your money!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple