All reviews via roma central station meat and cheese small balcony pastries other hotels english speaking high ceilings excellent coffee three star within walking distance city break hop on hop off bus busy street mondello beach comfortable hotel main sights
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in the 2nd floor of a building..there are stairs to the elevator..bear this in mind when travelling with luggage. Breakfast was basic.
It's close to the central station and there's a supermarket on the opposite side of the street.

1  Thank xghd
PalazzoloP, Direttore at Hotel del Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear xghd, the real depressing thing is that you hide behind anonymity to write about the honest work of others.
Not to see you again.
the director
Giuseppe Palazzolo

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here one night during a vacation when I was stranded in Palermo for one night due to flight delays.

In summary, this hotel is acceptable for one night if you're short on options and can accept accept a low standard and staff that is lacking in both English and service skills. The one positive thing is that it is close to the central station (5 min walk).

My room had a dirty floor, you cannot control the AC and have to ask the front desk to activate it. Power outlets were in poor condition and I hesitated to use them. Bathroom was fairly clean but in poor condition. Walls are poorly isolated so you can hear the neighboring rooms and floor above.

They do not offer much for breakfast, more sweets than actual food. Though I suppose that is standard in this part of Europe.

If you're paying more than 50€/night for this, you're being robbed.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We Arrived to palermo for 3 nights. The Hotel locatd near all the main sights.
Nice clean rooms. The service is very fast and kind. Staff is always helpfull.
We Loved the breakfast.
Highly Recommended .

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Hotel came up as part of our package – located in the centre of Palermo, the Hotel Del Centro is roughly 150m from the Palermo bus/train station. If flying into Palermo Airport, simply get a bus from the Airport via the Prestia e Comandè desk (a return will cost 10 Euros and last 7 days, singles are 6 Euros) and then walkalong Via Roma.

The one thing that might strike you as you walk along Via Roma for the first time is that as streets go, it might be busy but it’s not the prettiest – graffiti rules along the way and you might think you’ve walked into a crime-ridden Gotham City street on a hot summers day….but don’t let that deter you because the area is a good area and the hotel itself is very good. It is only a couple of streets away from the historical area and the information centre so tourists shouldn’t have much of a problem finding your way around in the area.

There are no language problems to be concerned about here, the staff are all English-speaking and checking in is easy to do. The rooms have a vintage look about them but they are very clean and the bathrooms are functional too. The showers though are criminally small and there’s not a lot of space to move around in…if you drop any items in the shower you’ll have to turn it off, open the shower door just to bend down and grab it. There’s no amenities for tea-making in the room but for any bottles of water you want (plus anything extra such as toothpaste, shaving foam should you forget to bring some *cough*) you will have to visit the supermarket across the road – it’s a Lidl, it gets busy fast so expect some queueing but it has more than what you’ll need for your break. Some reviews have mentioned noise being a factor; here I would say that perhaps the walls are a bit thin but if you sleep with ear plugs as I do then I don’t think you’ll have a problem since I slept pretty well every night. Each room is air-conditioned and believe me, you’ll need it….but the rooms are very comfortable overall.

Breakfasts here are superb, run from 7.30am-10.30am (Italian time) and you’d be a fool to pass this up. They are great quality and you will find a typical Italian selection here.

Free WiFi is available and for the most part it works but where we were based the signal did tend to drop a few times but this was a minor niggle for us.

Another minor niggle is that when leaving the room for going into Palermo itself (or out on a tour) you will have to leave your key with reception. I am not accustomed to this myself but know that it can be a rule in some hotels – but I like the freedom to go and come as I please. Where this “rule” can be a bind is that after 8pm the staff close a huge door on the premises that can only be accessed via buzzer to reception. Whilst reception is 24-hour you can expect to be held waiting for someone to respond. This only happened a couple of times to my partner and I but at times once you are tired and just want to get back to the comfort of your room you’re denied this and it can be a tad inconvient…but that’s all it is, a convenience and not a major issue. After all, given the state of the street the large door is recommended!

Given the price we paid for 7 nights (coming to 50 Euros a night) we felt that this was a very good hotel and we would absolutely recommend it to anyone planning on visiting.

Room tip: Room 24 is a good room, Room 28 is by the noisier side
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Razzastuta
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Very noisey from adjoining rooms and above floor. Do not stay in room 18.
I would not recommend and I'd not stay there again for those reasons.
Staff pleasant and good breakfast these are the only pluses.
Understandable why room was cheap. I'd gladly pay more for better.

Date of stay: May 2018