All reviews opera house long flight of stairs great location breakfast served in the room small hotel your luggage hotel lobby is pedestrian area each morning first floor hotel is perfect rental car bars and restaurants within walking distance central location special thanks per day
Reviewed 9 November 2018

The Massimo Plaza hotel is on a piazza facing the opera house. It is centrally located in Palermo and you can easily walk to many of the main sights. The neighbourhood has many bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk. Our room had a view of the piazza, and although Via Maqueda is quite busy, the room has excellent soundproofing and noise was not a problem.The staff was very helpful. Through the hotel we arranged transfer to and from Falcone-Borsellino airport and all went well. Good breakfasts as well. if we return to Palermo we will definitely stay here again

Room tip: Our room was on the piazza with a view, but was very quiet
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Professor_trout
Massimo Plaza H, Receptionist C. at Massimo Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for your lovely words. It was totally our pleasure having you here with us.
We are so happy that you appreciate all that we have to offer here at Massimo Plaza Hotel.
We hope you had a great trip back home and hope that you'll return to us again.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

We very much enjoyed our visit to Palermo and our stay at Massimo Plaza. The room faced the piazza, and while there was some street noise on the weekends, it died out at a reasonable hour. I loved being on via Maqueda, we walked up and down the street several times each day.

Staff was kind and helpful, and arranged a car take us to and from the airport, and to take us to Monreale. They also made a dinner reservation for us. Even though we didn't need it, they helped carry our bags up and down the stairs.

The breakfast was tasty and plentiful; I liked the option of sweet or savory (though we received a piece of delicious cassata with either choice).

I would likely recommend staying here on a visit to Palermo.

Room tip: Don't choose a room facing the plaza if you want it to be quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lexma90
Massimo Plaza H, Receptionist C. at Massimo Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Massimo Plaza Hotel during your stay in Palermo.
We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel and its services, our main goal is the satisfaction of all our guests.
Thank you so much!

We hope to be chosen again for your next visit to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I spent 5 nights in this lovely old hotel and completely enjoyed the experience. The Massimo Plaza Hotel is right across the street from the opera house. The piazza outside is filled with life. During my stay an ice cream festival was taking place. One could walk up and down the pedestrian-only street and taste ice cream from all over the world. There was music, people of all ages from infants to octogenarians, and, of course, all kinds of ice cream.

The hotel staff were friendly, helpful with everything, and made you feel like family. My room was comfortable, well-furnished and had everything you needed. I did not have a view of the piazza so it was pretty quiet. My friend did have a room with a view and heard all the music and noise at night but was not unhappy. Breakfast is served in your room or you can choose to eat in a charming little sitting room right off the lobby. Either option is fine.

While I did not have a view, the hotel is so small you just needed to walk up the hall to stand on a balcony and watch the street life go by. I loved this hotel, loved the staff - particularly Christian - who could not do enough for you.

As other reviewers mentioned, there are no elevators. It is 19 steps up from the street level. I am in my mid-seventies, with not so great knees, and it was fine. Staff helps with luggage so you don’t have to drag anything up and down. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone interested in the old city of Palermo.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 240PaulaM
Massimo Plaza H, Receptionist C. at Massimo Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Mrs. Paula,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay here in Palermo and for sharing your experience with other travelers.
We are very happy to know that everything was to your liking and you enjoyed your stay here at Massimo Plaza Hotel!
It would be a pleasure to host you again in future.

Arrivederci!!

Reviewed 6 October 2018

My husband and I stayed here for three nights. The hotel was in a great location in the middle of the old town across from the opera. The staff were fantastic, very helpful and accommodating however the general fabric of the building is poor and I feel that lets the hard working staff down. The carpet in our room was quite frankly disgusting and I would not walk on it in bare feet, the bathroom was just about ok but our toilet broke on the last morning and the staff member who came to fix it didn't seem surprised as if it was a regular occurrence! I really am at a loss as to why this hotel has four stars.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are pleased you've appreciated hotel location, the professionalism of our Staff .
We regret that you did not appreciate the elegance of Massimo Plaza Hotel, we think you were conditioned by the stained carpet that was in your room. We apologize for this. It's thanks to your feedback we daily know how to improve the product we offer.
Our goal is to deliver high-quality hospitality to every guest on every stay. We hope, that during your next visit in Palermo, we can welcome you once again at our hotel.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

On a recent visit to Palermo, my wife and I stayed at massimo plaza. The hotel staff is lovely and they organized a wonderful walking and food tour of the city for us. The accommodation however was not great. The room was ordinary and the bathroom was tiny.
We were however lucky enough to get moved to their new hotel which was close by. It was unfinished except for a few rooms and may I say when this hotel opens it will be beautiful and luxurious. Thank you to the staff for organizing the move and understanding our needs
We will definitely contact them again when we return to Palermo

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Massimo Plaza H, Receptionist C. at Massimo Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Guest,

we thank you for the beautiful words for our staff. We regret that the room assigned to you was not to your liking and we are pleased that you enjoyed our upgrade. The satisfaction of our guests is our most important aim.

It will be a pleasure for all of us to see you again soon!