1,528 results
All reviews jolly hotel pool area free towels great pool botanical gardens sea view the hotel staff hotel restaurant great room min walk busy road coffee machine modern hotel small balcony cakes city minibar
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Stayed here last week. Hotel was great. Nice swimming pool as well. Good breakfast and good size room although the bathroom could have done with some maintenance (sink tap wouldn't totally turn off and the bath leaked every time you had a shower). Located at the sea front and easy walking into the main centre. The only issue (and this has put me off returning to this hotel) is the hassle with parking. There is a small parking lot next to the hotel where the "guys" manning it will charge you 11 euros a day. These same men will also hassle and intimidate you when you try and park on the street outside the hotel. They want money from you when you park and when you try and leave. It is basically extortion money! NH Hotel needs to deal with this as I would not consider returning to this hotel because of this hassle.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
nhpalermoc, Direttore at NH Palermo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Guest,
First, let me show you my sincere gratitude for taking the time in sending us your review through Tripadvisor and for the trust you have placed in our hotel, by choosing it for your stay at NH Palermo.
About the parking it's a problem that we are trying to resolve, we have a big project, but it need patience and time,
we inform ypu also that this winter we will go to refurbish more than 100 rooms and also the local commons and we will create also a little gym.
On behalf of myself and all the staff, thank you for the compliments you have reserved for us in terms of service and hospitality. We are confident of being able to make you live all the extraordinary about this place and I did it with professionalism and attention.
I hope to welcome you back again soon,

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We stayed as a family of 6 (four adults, one toddler and a baby)The hotel could do with some modernisation (carpets etc) but that didn't take away from the fact the staff and reception were superb! Hotel food was good, although to be fair we spent most of the time exploring Mondello beaches and Bagheria, the hotel was a great base for us in a lovely location close to the harbour. Rooms were clean with lovely huge beds. Staff were always knowledgeable and friendly. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
First, let me show you my sincere gratitude for their time by sending your review through TripAdvisor and for the trust you have placed choosing NH Palermo.
I very much appreciate your comments that I shared with my staff. They are the symbol of our excellence, a service characterized by professionalism and continuous efforts to satisfy our customers. I assure you that comments like his give us the incentive to continue in our daily effort and is our main aim to ensure that the customer may be surprised and feel special during their stay at our hotel.
we inform you also that this winter we will go to refurbish more than 100 rooms and also the local commons, and we will create also a little gym.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Well, where do i start .....
When we arrived to a lady on reception that was very unwelcomimg.
1st we were told the air con didn't go lower than 21oc after we waited 3hrs to get in our room . Things went from bad to worse. We paid extra for a new style room with terrace with no table and chairs, dirty room and 6 coat hangers.
We were awoke at 8am the 1st morning by tree cutting and the same the next morning to cut the tree next to it..... why not do the 2 together in hear you say !?!
That day we saw (picture 8 ) a stage being prepared for a gig or something. We didn't take much notice till we got back from our anniversary meal to loud music that shook the room ! We asked to be moved as we couldn't sleep but told the hotel was full. 2 hrs
Later I asked how long this would carry on to be told "I don't know".
Another hour on I asked to be moved to be offered the room above to the left which was worse ! This went on till nearly 2am. This hotel has conferences and I believe they were happy to make the noise on an evening than when they had their conferences.
This happened 2 nights and then told the Pope was visiting. When I said I should of be informed due to the amount of disruption Inc police ECT I was shunned. We had to change all our plans to leave the hotel before our flight as the hotel didn't tell us the roads would be shut and our transfer wouldn't be able to pick us up. What a performance ! The transfer company told us the hotel staff wouldn't give us any messages and said "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THEM " !
If I'd of know the Pope and enterage was decending for the week of our holiday I would of gone to another hotel as we wanted some quiet time not armed police and street lock down.
We should of been told.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
nhpalermoc, Direttore at NH Palermo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

With regards to your comments, we have read them carefully and would like to inform you that all the feedback given is the most reliable method of monitoring the service we offer and to improve the issues that need to be developed in order to achieve our guest’s satisfaction and to provide an extraordinary service. This comments will be highly valued for next actions to be implemented.
About the noice of friday it was the test for the mess of Pope Francis no disco music only of the test of the Chorus and religiousmusic..
about the info for the transit we know that the the 15 of septermber the police will close all the street.
we have done everything possible to satisfy your requests, including that of buying a special gasket to further isolate the acoustics
of the room.
We hope you give us a second chance. Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 26 September 2018

the ONLY good thing about this hotel is the nice pool, other than that, there is nothing even remotely average.
We start with checking in:- greeted with gaunt open mouthed receptionist, not even a hint of 'welcome or even an attempt at a smile. Although in the small print, you cannot check in until 3:00pm - not ideal when bought as a package holiday and you've been travelling since 1:00am, this is the first hotel this has ever been the case.
The staff: as with many other reviews on here, the concensus is that the staff are miserable and generally unhelpful, and would certainly agree with this. The fact you have booked a stay at this hotel just seems to be an inconvenience to them. (I would have to say here that the bar staff and pool man are excellent though).
The room: we paid extra for a new style with balcony - do NOT in any way expect there to be anything new about these rooms!! Peeling wallpaper, mouldy shower screens, cracked bath, bath taps are sited so that you cannot actually take a bath as they project over a foot from the walling sited near the centre of the bath!!!, there was enough dust under the bed to resemble a scale map of the sahara, dust everywhere, stains and sticky substances on the wallpaper directly on the walling above the pillows on the bed, there is dust everywhere and walls stained. Rooms seem to get a wipe down with the well used damp cloth. VERY poor cleanliness indeed, never did I feel clean during my stay here.
Hotel and location: as one lady has previously reviewed, she stated this hotel is in a very questionable and run down area. This is absolutely true. Constantly and every day there is a man hoarding wheelie bins around the front as parking barriers, this along with what appears to be a mass of immigrants wandering round, asking for money and sleeping rough in all the doorways and arches in the roads directly next to the hotel. All the roads have a mass of large refuse bins constantly open topped and there is a constant smell of urine for a few blocks. There is even a resident prostitute wandering up and down the hotel frontage which we had clear view of from our balcony every night.
Our taxi transfer company placed a call to the hotel to make alternative collection arrangements due to the pop visiting on the day we left. We never got this call and it so transpired that the desk reception staff told the taxi / transfer chap that they do not care, and did not put the call through to our room. We know when he called and know we were in the room so can confirm no call was made. Luckily we managed to arrange this ourselves. NEVER have we experienced such a poorly run hotel. Shame on you NH PALERMO, absolutely shocking. A very expensive disappointment - DO NOT BOOK YOUR STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: to choose a good room, book elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
nhpalermoc, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at NH Palermo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Guest,
I would like to personally thank you, for the trust given to our hotel, NH Palermo, by choosing us for your stay in Palermo.
About the check in is an international convention, the check out is untill the 12:00 and the check in for the 15:00
but if we have the room ready we will do the best for give the room soon...
about the street in front the hotel, we have this situation because is a public street... and we can be nothing about the homeless and prostitute, we made so many calls to the police .. but nothing changes..
in any case we do not shame on because we do ever the best for our guests, always...

This comments anyway will be highly valued for next actions to be implemented. Please receive our most sincere apologies for not having been able to cover your expectations.
Yours Sincerely,

Guest Relation

Reviewed 26 September 2018

The hotel it's self was nice.We had a problem first day there about the air conditioner,they inform us the desk handle it downstairs. So I informed them that it was too hot in our room and please correct it, three phone calls I thought it was.Next day we were gone all day when we arrived back at our room at 11 pm.I couldn't handle the heat so I called again waited for over one hour and finally got my husband to call again as I was getting nowhere. They finally sent a gentleman up to check it, after midnight.Which should have been done the first day. They gave us a deal of 17 Euro a day each for five breakfasts,Which is approximately $25.50 our money,coffee,juice,scramble egg it was nice, but nothing to rave about..Now the pool was fantastic and so was the room unbelievable, we got pool view..

Stayed: July 2018