All reviews top floor piazza marina free tourist bus steam room spa facilities lovely hotel surrounding hills pastries the air conditioning within walking distance mini bar botanical gardens historic area street side wonderful city rooftop terrace an upgrade
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. We had booked a superior room and were delighted to be upgraded on arrival to a huge suite on the second floor. It had a big bathroom with twin sinks a separate sitting room and king size bed. There was no tea/coffee facilities but a quick call to reception and a kettle was delivered with cups/teas etc. The little restaurant bar on the roof is a very tranquil space and we had a great evening meal here,one of the best meals of our trip.
We took up there offer for discounted spa treatments and use of thermal area. There is a steam room/sauna and small jacuzzi hot tub which unfortunately wasn’t working. My hot stone massage was very relaxing and my partners sports massage was one of the best they ever had. The therapist is a bit blunt/cool but I wasn’t looking to engage with her anyway! The decor around the hotel is stunning and was once a palace I believe. All the main attractions and some lovely restaurants can be found a short walk away.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018

In Palermo, we stayed at the Hotel Porta Felice as part of an OAT trip. I recommend this place for several reasons. The location is great, walking distance to most attractions, superb breakfast, and very attentive staff. I totally disagree with the woman who wrote about her masseuse. I had a massage and it was wonderful. The masseuse was polite and professional. She gave me tea before the massage and did a great job. We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Right on the street
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank CoachLo
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Located in the center, near the port, this hotel is a good base for exploring the town. The rooms are spacious, clean, and well-equipped, with modern design and tall ceilings. The breakfast, on the top floor, is first rate. The WiFi is good, but does suffer under load.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Don't bother coming to this hotel's spa unless you want a lecture from your masseuse about "how things are done in Italy" just because you asked for more pressure.

She was so rude, didn't offer water or tea before the massage, left the room without saying anything when it was over, and gave me attitude from the first time I asked nicely for more pressure--in fact when I first asked she said "where are you from," which explains her gross nationalist rant at the end, when I simply tried to explain that there must have been a misunderstanding as I had been assured by reception the massage would be strong. Service recovery is severely lacking.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived by train caught cab EUR 18 which thought was high! Hotel in historic area. Lovely girl on arrival and very impressed with foyer we had a room on first floor Juliet balcony overlooking the street great size room very clean and tidy and great bathroom.
The location was fantastic lots of bars and restaurants around free bus around the city leaves 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Palermo great city amazing buildings everywhere the markets were a not miss

Stayed: August 2018