See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2018

After reading a number of poor reviews the group that I was with approached the Domus Hotel with some temerity. However, the actual experience was much better than we had been led to believe The initial entry via the external lift was fine and we were greeted by friendly staff who had allocated the rooms out and all were ready despite checking in at 10.30. The hotel was clean with some interesting architectural features and the the room that I had been allocated to was large and comfortable. The location of the hotel was excellent being right on the busy Via Etnea with bars & cafes very close.

Room Tip: Overlooking the courtyard will be quieter than overlooking the street
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my fiancé and another couple friends of ours arrived to this hotel Me my fiance and another couple friends of ours went to the domus hotel which we had previously booked ahead of time. When arriving the lift was broken and the door that led to the stairs was locked. We were all left outside for about 5 mins until the receptionist from upstairs must of heard us and buzzed the door open. We climbed 3 flights of stairs with our luggage. When we got to the top where there was the receptionist we really had to go to the toliet, at that point she told us we had to go back downstairs and look for another restaurant called 'sicilia rossa ' , there was a girl who took us to another hotel CENTRAL HOTEL bed and breakfest. At the central hotel the girl opened a room for us and we walked in took one look and walked out again. The beds sheets where all flipped like someone was sleeping in it and the room was a mess. So she opened another room and we where ok, until......! Until the next day we went out and when we came back the beds were made and all our stuff was missing! We were both freaking out looking for our bags, no one was around its like an empty hotel that runs its self. My fiancé went to the restaurant looking for that girl to ask what's happening and I remained in the room. After 3mins another girl comes and tells me to get out of the room cus she's giving it to this family who was standing with her. I told her this is our room and where is our stuff. She said we moved them and I'll deail with u in a minute. Then my finance came back up and they gave us another room /the rooms where filled with misquitos and instead of picturframes on the wall there where smushed dead misquitos all over the walls/ and gave us our bags and they said they moved them. No notification of anything, because this hotel dident even take our our details. When the owner came to see what was wrong she could see we were both worried, instead she started laughing in our faces, so unprofessional. I'm not one to normally leave bad reviews but it was a disgrace, Never again!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Not a nice place to spend any time. Ugly inside, thin walls so noisy rooms, uncomfortable beds (especially the pillows) and a mediocre breakfast. But it is cheap and central if that's what you're looking for.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

There is no daily cleaning, everything is dirty, nobody speaks English. Considering these facts it is also way too expensive. We were really disappointed. Despite all of these, the location of the hotel is good.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Service -0, not helpful at all. Friend visited, told them i was out and wrong room number. Wifi was switched off most of the item. Had mosquitoes, was badly bitten, but they just shrugged their shoulders and were not willing to help. gave an Italian Cockroach spray. 43 Oct 2017

Room Tip: do not stay at this hotel if you do not speak Italian
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends