All reviewssplit level roombreakfast roomtrain stationwould stay againlovely courtyardbreakfast was amazingfriendly hotelhistoric centerlarge bathroomhotel is situatedthree nightsreception staffmt etnaminute walkfish marketnutellastreet
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

This review is written on behalf of my parents who have just returned after a 5night break in Catania at the Art and a jazz hotel . (5th - 10th April).
They have come back today and have said it was a lovely place to stay, great central location and very clean and tidy. They would recommend it to friends and family and have a fantastic trip. Thanks to the Arts and Jazz Hotel for making my parents Xmas present an enjoyable one!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very centrally located however in a very hectic and offbeat zone too. Stayed for 5 days and after the second day got used to the very dark, narrow and spooky kind of quite streets around the hotel. The hotel premises was quite amusing and satisfactory. The rooms were spacious and were kept incredibly clean, smelling so good after the room keeping had done their daily routine. The breakfast very tasty and served in a beautiful dining room. The staff very courteous and always trying to help. To sum it all would definitely stay again if we re-visit Catania.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Melek71
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Smiley, friendly staff nothing was too much. Lovely courtyard to sit in the sun or shade and enjoy the calm away from the city.

Clean and well appointed rooms, though all windows are frosted which if you like to see the outside world does impinge the view and feeling of comfort.

Varied & plentiful breakfast, location very convenient for the bus and train station.

Ideal base for a two day stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Located close (5 minutes’ walk) to Central Railway station where there is also a bus station for the cars to the airport or other cities on the island, the hotel is set in a car service neighborhood where restaurants can also be found. Decorated in good taste with photos or young artists’ works, the hotel is suitable for families with children and couples. You can reach the center by foot, in about 30 minutes.

I liked:
Understanding staff. (we checked in at 2 o’clock in the night) and polite.
Spacious, well equipped room.
Large and comfortable bed (we were 2 adults and a 4 years old child)
Large bathroom with bidet.
Varied breakfast (I especially appreciated mozzarella cheese and patisserie)

I didn’t like:
The door of the room was not well insulated (we could hear the noises from the hall)
The TV channels were 99% in Italian.

When back in Catania, this hotel will probably be our choice.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel because I had heard little positive about the city of Catania.
The decoration using the Jazz and Film theme is funky and energising.
The two level loft type room was very cool and made me feel I was paying a lot more. The bathroom was particularly pleasant for all its shiny bits and pieces and super cool wizbang shower.
The breakfast was really nice too. The range was what I’d describe as a very broad continental brekky though that does not do it justice. And the breakfast room was also superbly clean and stylish.
It is very close to the bus terminus and train station however its location up a narrow street at an odd angle made it tricky to find myself a tour vehicle. You might want to take note of their phone number in case you cannot find it.
All other Service was good and they were happy to answer all my questions. I appreciated being given breakfast even though on the day I checked out it was not yet officially opened.
The one downer was the tour company they directed me for a tour of Mt Etna. It turned it to be horrible but I suppose it’s not their fault but they did help me when I rang them from the tour for help -thank god.

Stayed: October 2017