US$375
US$521
US$71
Priceline
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Eh13 B&B(Catania)
US$114
US$96
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsflights of stairsroom overlooked the piazzahuge roomgreat locationone nightbnbhosttaxibalconyfloortaorminawifi
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

we spent five nights there, the owner is very nice and room is big enough although they cleaned it only once in those 5days. my bed was very uncomfortable but my husband's was fine. there are almost 3 floors with no elevator which was pretty hard for me since I'm pregnant. the other thing bothered us was the kitchen from a restaurant at the yard that smelled very awful and you could smell it in the bathroom and in your room if the windows were open. you also have no access to any kind of dish which made it hard for me to have some fruit or snack while I was there(and I needed it since Im pregnant and they have amazing fruit there)
the location is good and she is a very nice person.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017

I was on my way to Taormina and I had a wonderful time here. Location is great, room was big, clean, nicely decorated and charming. Very comfortable and you can't hear anything from outside once you close your balcony. Nice view of the piazza from there. Alice is very nice and welcoming. She helped me and spent more than 20 minutes on the telephone to find me a way to get to Taormina because transportation was limited because of the G7 summit and I don't speak Italian. She took all the time and care to help me with that. I can't wait to go back and stay longer in Catania since I was only spending one night. Grazie Mille, Alice!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Slightly difficult to locate, but once I found it and parked, it turned out to be quite satisfactory. Alice was very welcoming and helpful. My very clean room overlooked the piazza. Huge room; great location. Good WiFi.
Note that there are a couple of flights of stairs involved in accessing the BnB.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2016

We stayed here for 5 nights, Alice the owner was very welcoming and helpful and even e mailed us links to the timetables for buses/coach from Palermo where we travelled from. The room overlooked the piazza and was within a few minutes walk of the Cathedral, local shops restaurants , and the fish market. The room was clean and tidy and well presented and decorated, with coffee and tea maklng facilities. The en-suite bathroom was small but nicely done. The property is on the third floor with lots of steps, so if you have mobility problems this may not be for you.
Breakfast which was extra, but well worth it ,was a mixture of fruit, pastries, brioche and Sardinian specialties including pistachio honey. Alice was very helpful in pointing out places to visit, looking up train timetables and generally pointing guests in the right direction to accomplish whatever they wanted to achieve, she also spoke excellent English. A bonus given our level of Italian. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2016

My wife and I + son&daughter-in-law stayed here in two rooms for one night. The bottom line is I feel we got excellent value, the location in central Catania is superb, and the two hosts were extremely friendly and helpful. Catania itself as a city was far nicer than I expected and we enjoyed taking a long multi-hour walk through the central region. There are many cafes and restaurants nearby and the airport is only 20-25 minutes away (a <=25 Euro cab ride which the hosts very nicely arranged). The rooms were clean, relatively large, and we each had a private bathroom (though this required crossing a common corridor which might bother some guests). The WIFI worked well. We did not take the breakfast option -- there are at least two cafes which open early within 15 meters of the B&B.

I stress for the price this is a very good value. However, bear in mind this is not the equivalent of staying at a 5 star hotel (at which you would pay 15-0X the price of the B&B). You do have to go up two full flights of stairs (i.e., no elevator); the central courtyard from which one enters from the street had "interesting" odors and its visual aesthetic was a bit jarring (another example so frequently in Italy of common courtyards being neglected by all). There was a warning on our door that the tap water was not potable --- I never got to ask our hosts if this was a truly serious warning (I have never had problem with municipal tap water in Italy) but noted they did provide a bottle of bottled water in our room. So, it is unclear if this is a true issue or not.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple