All reviews large pool taxi downtown service and food were excellent breakfast buffet was plentiful alfredo reception staff were excellent superb stay charged euros warm feeling free shuttle smart hotel la playa return flight lovely hotel up to date minute drive town centre
Reviewed 3 May 2016

As a result of an incident at the Catania airport( April 30, 2016) , which shut down the airport, all flights were cancelled and I needed to find a hotel for one night and Romano was where I ended up. I did not have a car. So my review must take all of this background into account.

First of all the staff were outstanding and the rooms, while modestly appointed, were spotless and the rate charged for the room was reasonable.

Second, while I am sure the hotel is well utilized in holiday months, it is really in the middle of nowhere. So if you do not have a car, there is nothing really to do.

As to the surrounding area, the beach, a block away was a disgrace. There was garbage everywhere. There was no place really to eat, other than at the hotel itself.

I ordered room service, not because I was antisocial but because after sitting in a airport for 7 hours and going nowhere, I was exhausted. I had the pasta with clams. It was very good, though the extra 10 euro on the price was a surprise.

In conclusion, I travel to Sicily three times a year and can't say that I will ever return to this hotel, unless of course I have no choice.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a car.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Romano P, Direttore at Romano Palace Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Dear michael m,

Thank you very much for your review and to have chosen the Romano Palace Luxury Hotel.

First of all we do apologize if your experience did not live up to expectations. We know that every stay experience is different and we always take seriously any feedback.

Concerning your review about garbage on the beach, we inform you that we took any action we felt was required to competent body.

We also inform you that we offer free shuttle bus service to city center two times a day and in every hotel room service is an extra cost.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Romano Palace in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was our first trip to Sicily. The hotel is lovely and the staff are wonderful. The rooms are exotic, very spacious and comfortable, although I would agree with some previous reviewers that the hotel is starting to look tired. As a 5-star, the prices of food and beverages are characteristically outrageous ie. 16 euros for a glass of ordinary table wine but you expect that when you book this kind of hotel. The hotel itself is lovely and I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff are (we had nothing but positive interactions with all the staff) but the location was terrible. There was literally nothing around the hotel but other hotels, most of which were closed until the summer season. We tried to walk around but the resort is in the middle of nowhere and we did not feel safe walking at night. No restaurants open in the area at all. However, getting into downtown Catania is about a 5-10 min drive and we found great restaurants. This hotel would be a good airport hotel as it is closeby but unless you're using the airport, the location was lousy.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Romano P, Direttore at Romano Palace Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2016

Dear amg954,

Thank you for your review and to have chosen the Romano Palace Luxury Hotel!

We are glad to know that we met your expectations and that you loved our great service, staff and rooms that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.

Regarding the location, we are very close to get into downtown Catania, about 5 minutes drive. We also offer a shuttle bus service every day all year to city center.

A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I have shared your review with my whole team. We are very much grateful for your compliments.

We hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

We stayed at this hotel for a few nights, using the hotel as our base for touring around Catania. The staff was very helpful in connecting us with a tour company to hike around Mt. Etna. The room was fine, clean and relatively quiet. For those of you that like to wear heels, remember that they are LOUD on tile floors, especially after mid-night. Thank goodness for ear-plugs.

The cafe and bar are priced a little high for the area, but both are very nice for relaxing after trekking up Mount Etna or walking for five miles around Catania. There is a pool, but we didn't use it, although it looked really nice. We decided to cross the street and walk along the beach. The water was cool, but delightful on our feet.

Breakfast is varied and good. Parking is no problem. If I visited the Catania area again, I would have no problem staying here. It's a great location for day trips as it's right near the highways.

Room Tip: Expect to pay $$$ for meals and drinks in this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Romano P, Direttore at Romano Palace Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Dear ednra2016,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us and to have choosen the Romano Palace Luxury Hotel.

We are glad to read that you loved the friendly and helpfull staff, buffet breakfast, location and swimming pool. I have shared your review with my whole team. We are very much grateful for your compliments!

It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your comments are very important to us.

The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

The hotel is a little outside the city which is nice, because it's very quiet and you feel very safe. The staff was very helpful and organized a car for us whenever we needed one. The restaurant was wonderful, and dinner was amazing. It's the nicest hotel in Catania, and if I'm ever back again I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Romano P, Direttore at Romano Palace Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2016

Dear RA L,

Thank you for your review and to have chosen the Romano Palace Luxury Hotel!

We are thrilled to hear that we met your expectations and happy to learn you appreciation about our great service, location and restaurant.

A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I have shared your review with whole team. We are very much grateful for your compliments.

We hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Let me start with the positive comments, the staff are nice and helpful but it stops there the rest is all negative. The hotel is advertised as a 5 star hotel and I paid a price of a 5 star hotel however it definitely doesn't deserve 5 stars, at a push I would give it a 3 star. The pictures showing on hotel search engines is totally different from what you get, the so called palace doesn't give you an impression of a palace, as soon as you enter the hotel you feel depressed, it smells like a grandmothers place and not a palace. The outside grounds are very well kept but the money should be spent on a much need upgrade to the common areas and rooms, this hotel is tired in all aspects. P.s make sure you have all your clothes ironed before travelling to this palace as they don't provide an iron to their guests unless you are ready to trust someone and pay someone to do it for you. If you ask me for a recommendation I would tell you to look for a 3 star and probably you'll have a more of pleasant experience. I hope my comment makes your experience in sicily a better one. Darren and Juliana

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darren A
Romano P, Direttore at Romano Palace Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2016

Dear Darren A,

Thank you for your comments, in which you drew our attention to your experience while guest at the Romano Palace Luxury Hotel!

First of all we do apologize and we are of course very disheartened that your stay was not as positive as the ones of other guests who reported their comments on this site.

We are currently working to make enhancements to deliver a more comfortable stay for all of our guests.

Our aim is that every guest who visits us enjoys their stay as fully and as richly as possible. We hope for the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are in the area.

With kind regards,