All reviews art nouveau beautiful hotel the ground floor quiet street high ceilings short walk small hotel busy city restaurant recommendations an oasis pastries within easy walking distance side street breakfast room is common areas bellini gardens via etnea
Reviewed 10 September 2018

A few days ago we checked into this delightful hotel. We were first impressed by the art nouveau design and furnishings but then the faultlessly helpful and well informed staff really won us over and helped to make our holiday the best it could be. Directions were through and helpful,and many small details went beyond what would be expected in a lovely but not luxurious hotel. For example, one our last night we ordered pizza from the hotel -- it was delivered complete with table and cutlery! the location is walkable for most of what one would want to see in Catania but excellent advice was provided for our one long ramble along the coast to a wonderful place with super views. Our room, on a floor and a half with a private balcony was splendid though I expect there are many different layouts. Highly recommended to anyone who wants great service and a unique environment.

Room tip: the range of rooms and suites can be viewed online. Our small was wonderful
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed 9 September 2018

This is a very beautiful, unique hotel in a very convenient location. The decor is classic art nouveau. Our room was perfect, with every amenity you could wish for. The front of house staff could not be better. Nothing was too much trouble for them! The choice at breakfast was so wide that no-one could possibly complain. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2018

A beautiful hotel in a fantastic location close to everything.Lovely bedroom and reception and a very nice dining area.Reception was very helpful in booking us excursions.Breakfast was very nice and served traditional Italian Granite during the summer.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Catania.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

All staff are brilliant, from the front desk to the housekeeper. I needed to print something and they let me use their printer. The breakfast is good too, though the only hot food is the toast with ham & cheese. I didn't try it though. But I can't believe I'm saying this, they have a good selection of cereal & muesli, plus a big bowl of pistachio. The hotel decoration is the classic style which you'll find in most hotels in Italy, and they keep it clean everywhere. There's no parking at the hotel, but there are free street parking nearby, depending on your luck, or you can pay to park on the street or in the gated garage nearby. Prices vary. The only challenge maybe the fact that they location is on a slope enroute from the city centre, which might be a challenge on foot to some. But we're talking about 20-30 degree slope.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Some friends of ours, my wife and I spent a lovely night at The Liberty Hotel in Catania recently. We did not know the hotel and had booked it for a one night stop-over on our way through to the Aeolian Islands.

We were really pleasantly surprised by the hotel and its wonderful old world charm.

The rooms are of a very good size. Ours had not only a substantial, beautifully tiled bathroom on suite but also a long little private corridor that led to a little lounge.

The light fitting are mainly beautiful art-deco as are other parts of the property.

The service was excellent and the concierge really worked hard to help us with all of our arrangements. I wish we had the opportunity to have stayed longer. We will go back.

If you are in Catania you should give this hotel a go. You will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: July 2018