All reviews wi fi via etnea air condition croissants market street airport
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I stayed in this hotel on my 1st night in Catania as part of my tour. The hotel room is very old. I felt like staying in a very old place with a dim lighting. If I had a choice, I would not stay in this type of hotel. Hotel location is okay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We stayed here at the end of our week on the islands; after 4 welcoming and comfortable hotels this was a disappointment. Whilst the building was interesting and quirky, hospitality was lacking. Our room was tired and difficult to ventilate due to the fact it had no windows, only doors leading onto a balcony. It was also quite noisy. There was plenty of hot water, although the plumbing was also very noisy. The breakfast left a lot to be desired, one croissant each and some bread, no fruit or cereal. The location was central and only 20 minutes or so from the airport but I'm glad we were only there one night.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner courtyard are quieter
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

While the location off the Via Etna is highly desirable, the single rooms felt a little austere and definitely needed some maintenance, such as painting to address the paint peeling on the ceiling. Despite what was reported in other reviews, both water pressure and temperature was fine, and AC worked well. The interior rooms are quiet.

Breakfast lacking - only sliced white bread and other pre-packaged sweet options, though there was some fresh fruit and sliced meat and cheese. Nice that coffee was made individually, to order.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I must say that I loved my stay on the hotel. It's a humble place but very clean. The room was cleaned and made spotless every day. Breakfast was very good but humble. To me what made my stay so lovely was the warm welcome from the staff especially the owner of the hotel. The hotel is an old Palazzo but to me this added charm to the place. I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Very old not so well maintained hotel.. yet good location .. no hot water .. shower area leaking all over ..bad hygiene .. staff was defensive and not helpful .. dirty entrance .. lousy breakfast .. absolutely not recommended

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends